Cable throttle blippers

Just for my reference

pedal Electronic Throttle Pedal A116J0003L
adapter/insulator A120E6523S
DBW TB A120E6489S ( cross reference : Toyota 22030-22030 )
Loom

Just for the sake of saying it, have you had any contact with Se7en Motorsports? They’ve done all sorts to their 2ZZ Celica race/track cars - including sequentials and ITBs on some… They might have some information and they’ve always been super-helpful when I’ve spoken to them?..

I havent @matt447 however I certainly will now! Thanks

Just looking into alternatives for the Toyota DBW unit. Apparently it’s 70mm and the 5.7L tundra tb is compatible at 75mm and plug and play.

I just need the other bits to plug and play now

Further reading reveals that the 2GR TB from the v6 fits as well. It’s 76mm

Another curiosity is the the s2 DBW pedal and the s3 are the same

https://shop.oakmeremotorgroup.co.uk/product/electronic-throttle-pedal

It’s not going to be this easy is it? What have I missed?

All DBW pedals are the same on 111 platform - bar the pedal pad - VX220, S2 Elise/Exige, S3 Elise, V6.
The other pedals/pedal box are different between DBW and throttle cable though. Not sure if you can adapt one to the other.
If your ECU can cope, Bosch do loads of DBW throttle bodies, in various increments. R32 Golf was 75mm, and I know it can pass enough air for 600hp, Corvette bigger from memory. It like they just designed one at 50mm, then just kept putting it a photocopier, but saying plus 5-10%.
Toyota much the same, even an Aygo has the same set up as the V6, electrically. Mounting for the throttle body to the inlet manifold is the biggest challenge.

1 Like

Absolute dynamite there @JDS

I guess I just need to factor in the make it fit factor.

Out of curiosity and my idlesness due to a torn ACL in my knee you dont know the TB size on a cable throttle exige do you?

Now that’s sorted have you are spare sequential at SeriouslyLotus ?

Pay me £6k+vat and I’ll come sit in your passenger seat changing gears for you

1 Like

Just had this back from the helpful people at SCS ;

That sounds like a wonderful solution to DBW conversion! :+1:

Yup, they’re great to use, but would delete the cable set up and mount it direct to the chassis above the pedal and fit a link bar. There’s a photo floating around here or Seloc of the one we did a long time ago.
Vauxhall did a similar thing on Omega, and the mount they made fitted an Elise chassis better than the Omega! Sadly not available anymore.
Sorry not sure on size, would need to measure one, next time we have one apart.

andybond

20h

Now that’s sorted have you are spare sequential at SeriouslyLotus ?

Certainly have. I’ll post a picture of it tomorrow!!

I bet it’s in a million bits

Busted!
It’s the second of the two that Dave bought many years ago, that has been harvested for good bits over time. So not only in bits, all the bits that are there are the rejects from other sequentials that have died in various interesting ways, and they’re a little rusty. And it’s not complete.
And the ratio’s are wrong.
Other than that it’s allllll good. Can do you a really good deal on it though!

I think you might need to leave Dave as the marketing manager and you as the spanner genius.

If you hear of any that are marginally more complete / working , I am interested

Will do.

1 Like