cabin space

This is going to sound like a very strange question …

How much space does the passenger get in an exige, and what is the access through the door opening like for trying to insert long inanimate objects ?

Which basically boils down to… will my snowboard fit in the passenger footwell/seat area and what are my chances of getting it through the door ?

Kp

If it won’t fit in the cabin, you could always strap it to the rear wing. If that then affects the handling, I suggest that you remove the spare wheel to adjust the balance. Please let us know how you get on.

Pesky, always assumed the front left was the spare, would this be correct?

I think you’ll be fine with a Snowboard. A Surfboard however would be a differnce proposition!

Ian

Better to strap it to the undertray and use it as a skid block for excesively high speed bumps …

Steve

Let’s discuss this at the Watermillock on Weds, ok?

It was just a horrible thought i had yesterday on my way back from the xscape center. The board fits fine in the back of my P1, but the date of my 25th birthday looms nearer now. Which means finally its time to ditch the scooby and get an exige. I didnt want to get my dream car to find it doesnt fit

Kp

Sorry - just noticed that I forgot the in my original post

Ah HA!!!

[image]Sleepmonsters Adventure Error Page

Who says you can’t get a surf board on an Exige?

Way back in April I was ‘scalded’, nar I say ‘hounded’ by the collective for daring to say roof-rack & Exige in the same sentence.

But I was going to prove that my beloved Red Exige (yes I said Red) was as practical as all the other cars I’d owned … well, almost.

So long I wandered in the wilderness … OK, so I pop’d down to my local surf shop and they got me a set of bulldog flexible roof bars and have never looked back

Must say, gets a bit interesting tonned-up with a 7’9" mini-maou on the roof! Pulls to the left just a tad - I’m sure someone out there can correct it for me.

Just apply a little more sex wax to the driver’s side front wing and it’ll pull straight!

Oh brother!

Ian

You need a bit more negative camber on the drivers side!!!

Hmmm … I tried letting the drivers side tyres down a bit, that didn’t seem to have the desired effect. If fact, the handling got even worse!!

Am currently looking into a tow-bar conversion for the wee-Red beastie. My lotus dealership are refusing to let me on their premises since I mentioned that one LOL

Hmmm … I tried letting the drivers side tyres down a bit, that didn’t seem to have the desired effect. If fact, the handling got even worse!!

Am currently looking into a tow-bar conversion for the wee-Red beastie. My lotus dealership are refusing to let me on their premises since I mentioned that one LOL

Hey Sleepmonster yer not honestly trying to say that the handling of yer car got worse when all you did was let some air out of the tyres eh???

All power to yer… the mini maou spoiler looks a little lop sided - i think thats all thats wrong… easy fixed.

I tried mounting it centrally in the beginning but it played havoc with my radio reception, what with ‘me bent ariel’ and all.

Thought about drilling a hole through my board so it’d sit flat over the ariel stub. (Bollocks to that!), Eventually I contacted Lotus themselves … they sent me a nice letter telling me to ‘GROW UP!, and act my age’.

So short of carrying two boards, one to ride and the other to correct the cars aerodynamics, I find myself in the position I find myself in.

Ho Hum, guess I should take up crown-green bowling. At least the jacks will fit in the boot That might even be a play on words!

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES PUT BOWLS IN THE ‘BOOT’!

Any additional weight behind the rear axle will cause no end of trouble to the handling

Ian

Ian

That’s no problem, provided you remove the spare wheel first.