Busy Unpacking...... (Lotus Content)

Tools for my new Halfords (Lotus) Tool Box :smiley:

Nice!

With that amount of shiny tools nothing can go wrong and you should be able to start your project :thumbup:

Cheers Jonny, great to hear your VHPD come back to life, getting close now… :clap:

I’m slowly ticking off the shopping list Klaus, ready for starting the restoration sometime next year!!!

The problem is, I’m still busy going through the design/planning stages for the new garage. A couple of drawings for me to finish before getting planning permission sorted, then get the builders in. Here’s a few draft images if you’re interested:

Nice tools, nice garage!

So good to hear it start up again.

I do love my garage, it’s a proper man cave. Worth getting a quote from Dura Garage. I can’t fault there product and service.

Kevin, that garage looks more like a car restoration Spa. Very luxury and spacey :thumbup:
For me the most important things in a workshop are space, good lighting and a ceiling height that allows the addition of a car lift.

‘Getting the builders in’ sounds easy but could be tricky. Over here in Germany the building economy is on full song due to the low interest rates.
To be honest I’m doing a small workshop project myself right now so I know what I’m talking about.

Those Dura Garages do look the nuts, but doubt my budget will suffice Jonny!

I’m planning on having a vaulted garage roof, which will give me the option of installing a car lift at a later date. Still not decided if I really need the two roof lights (velux’s), but will have plenty of LED lighting installed. Would like a resin floor, but not really looked into prices and alternative options. Any flooring advice would be appreciated!

More parts arrived, just received a delivery of 4x wheelarch liners (will be a while until I fit those no doubt!) :laughing:

I just tiled mine, used a light colour porcelain I have throughout a lot of downstairs. Actually I have a white reflective ceiling fitted with LED spots and light grey walls, certainly feels roomy.

Never thought of tiling. Might be a good option for me. Always fancied click-fit plastic flooring. But needed to skim floor first, so tiling might be best. . .

Cool looking garage matey. I say keep the roof windows, there is nothing like a bit of natural light.

I have clip fit plastic. It is warm and will not break if you drop anything. It does tend to lift a little on very hot days when it expands.

I’ve recently finished my garage, it’s taken an age but totally worth it!

For the garage flooring I went to These guys

Not the cheapest but they were good quality ad easy to put together

Lighting I used 5ft twin light fittings (5 of) with LED tubes from my local electrical wholesalers (Northern and Central) fitting with LED tubes. If go down this route you want the empty fitting base with no ballasts/capacitor etc inside as the lamps will be brighter and your not running all those extra components for no reason

Storage shelves I used BigDug as a friend of mine had some from there and the quality was brilliant

Workbench I ordered off Amazon of all places as if I had bought all the wood separate to build my own (which I planned to do) it would have cost me more :confused: work that one out

Here’s a couple of pictures of the flooring

Garage floor by Jamie Milling, on Flickr

Garage floor comp by Jamie Milling, on Flickr

IMG_4152 by Jamie Milling, on Flickr

IMG_4155 by Jamie Milling, on Flickr

I’ve still a long way to in neatening the place up but it’s getting there

Certaining is mate :sunglasses:

Looking great, even installed a recessed ramp! It seems that plastic floor tiles are a popular choice. I’ll continue my research…

Serious garage envy!

Thanks fellas

The ramp is ace I’m so glad I went through the extra ball ache to get in in :wink:

I went through a company called Gemco and the lift is a Dunlop DSL35, they were great to deal with and the price included installation with a 3 year warranty/breakdown cover I just had to put the recess in while building the garage
The main reason I went with the Dunlop was because it doesn’t need an air supply to work (most others do) just singe phase electric

image1 by Jamie Milling, on Flickr

image2 by Jamie Milling, on Flickr

image3 by Jamie Milling, on Flickr

image4 by Jamie Milling, on Flickr

image5 by Jamie Milling, on Flickr

I also can’t wait for winter for a well needed refresh this winter!

Great garage.

All you lucky boys!

I just got a tent outside my small garage and that feels fabulous. Feel like a racing team :smiley: :smiley: