Brmm,brumm, brummm

Just had an hilarious episode with the neighbours . . . The beloved Exige has been reluctant to start in the last few days… Not the usual rock it back and forward in gear and lo and behold, she starts … . No go.

Pump priming, Turning over strongly , especially when I fitted new battery. Plugs out, sparks all there. What’s up?

Push out of garage, push down road helped by No 2 son. Cough, splutter, almost there.
Jump leads, attached to deisel van battery, lots of turning, cough, spluttering. Car fires. Result. Turn off. Decided to run into garage under own steam. Success. All good.
Rev it gently, then, more loudly, more loudly still(it’s 9pm).Mrs Thommo comes to garage door, eyes blazing. "Stop it, shut up, you’re pissed).
Ignore pleas, rev it some more. 6k, more than it’s ever been revved on track. Mrs T at the garage door again: arms waving, she tries to close garage door, then realises the carbon monoxide will kill me, the lad and SWMBO.
Door goes back up.
Cars revs go on, clearing its throat.
I fear that our neighbour opposite( two young sons heading for bed ) will be across any time. But no . . . A skivvy from the local pub, a car park and 120 metres away arrives to say: “What’s all the noise? The landlord’s kid’s trying to get to sleep”.
Apologise briefly, give it a few more beans to clear its throat, then switch off.

I’d always thought my car was quiet in the extreme but clearly that’s not the case. Not had so much fun in ages.
In future when I embark on an Exige outing I shall warm it up thoroughly, then rev the knackers off it to annoy all and sundry.
You’re childish and pissed, said Mrs T.
Correct

PMSL :clap:

Me too.
Glad you got it running again though Steve.

Hooilgan & menace - you deserve a “Crimbo” not an Asbo! :laughing:

Thanks for your support, chaps. I will need it in the morning when I face Mrs T across the breakfast table.
I honestly hadn’t realised how much a VHPD screams even at a modest 6,000 revs. Inside the car it’s a growl with a hard-edged top note and on my recent in-car vid fro the Euro tour it sounds like a de-tuned Mondeo even when you are really hammering it. What a car, eh?

Hey, Jabbs, good to hear from you!

Good morning Thommo.

Suitcase packed yet?

I refer to Mr T’s of course, not yours! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Too much information about the breakfast table, I hope it held together ok. :wink:

Black Friday at breakfast.

Haha.

I know I’ve said it before but a previous neighbour told me that whenever mine started up her husband would stop whatever he was doing and say ‘aye aye, trouble in Gotham City again’ :laughing:

haha

Haha. Reminds me, I must order one of those ‘Bring It’ shirts.