British GT Brands Hatch 28 Sept03

Some nice photos Here

Good photos…cheers Pesky!..Gotta have one of those front/rear spoiler set-ups!!

I don’t half like the paint job on that #30 car…

I also note the shrinking of the ‘mouth’ and blocking off of the false front brake ducts… what advantages are claimed for that Pesky??

Appears to be missing the side air intake too??!

Appears to be missing the side air intake too??!

Nah, it’s got a ‘scoop’ thingy attached to the side intakes. I wonder if that makes any difference. It does seem as if pretty much all MotorSport Elises are being fitted with these now. Same with the extra roof mounted scoop.

And just for good measure, it has “vents” on top of each front wing (a la Radical etc). I’ve seen this car many times, & it’s Chris Yandell’s, & it’s immaculately finished/maintained by Dean Lanzante.

Incidentally, Dean’s dad was the team manager of the 1995 Le Mans winning Mclaren F1 GTR.

Quick answers cos I am busy!

Shrunk mouth is to maintain engine temps - it generally runs cold. Covering false brake ducts I think is aerodynamics - there is a lot of attention to detail that you cannot see on the pics elsewhere… The openings over the side pods lead to small radiators, so are functional. Anything else I am sure I can get the info…

Or, come and bloody well see the thing at Donington on Sunday 12th October…

Cheers

Anybody know where they get those extra air scoops from? All the racers seems to have identical parts, so I guess somebody is selling them. I quite like the look of the side scoops. The roof scoop seems a good idea: It might stop the roof from leaking!

Brendan

Side Scoops - Owen Geddes at Racespeed sells them.

Roof Scoop - used by the race cars to directly feed cold air to the airbox/throttle bodies - ie they don’t use the nearside wing vent like our cars.

Quick answers cos I am busy!

Shrunk mouth is to maintain engine temps - it generally runs cold. Covering false brake ducts I think is aerodynamics - there is a lot of attention to detail that you cannot see on the pics elsewhere… The openings over the side pods lead to small radiators, so are functional. Anything else I am sure I can get the info…

Or, come and bloody well see the thing at Donington on Sunday 12th October…

Cheers

Mark
Thanks for the info… i’d lurve to come see this car and indeed the series but am too far north to make this financially and/or partner keepingly viable… tell you wot… why not coax em up to Knockhill for uzz…

I would welcome the full low-down on the mods to this/these cars or a point to where I can read it on the www. thanks again.

Brendan

Side Scoops - Owen Geddes at Racespeed sells them.

Roof Scoop - used by the race cars to directly feed cold air to the airbox/throttle bodies - ie they don’t use the nearside wing vent like our cars.

Race-speed sell similar side scoops, but I don’t think they’re the same ones. I could be wrong, but it looks like Owen’s version stick out further.

I was wondering who supplies the particular version used on the racers.

As to the roof scoop, I understand what they’re used for, I was just pointing out a possible additional benefit for those of us whose cars are not garaged.
Anybody know where they come from?