Brendan Gunn

My car details:Number: 181Registered: March 2001Colour: Lotus MustardInterior: Black alcantaraSeats: Sports seats in red alcantara4 point harnesses.No air-con.Engine Mods:190 UpgradeBreather kit & catch tankSport 190 intake trunkingSuper sports exhaustCat bypass pipeMagnecor KV85 plug leadsResonator valve and air filter removedWheel speed sensor removedRoll-over valve removedOther performance related mods:Stainless steel braided brakelinesBrake anti-squeal shims removedAnti-roll bar set to softest settingExterior Mods:Headlamp surrounds painted blackSelf adhesive vinyl number platesFrosted indicators all roundSilvered indicator bulbsRear clamshell protectorsArmourfend driving lamp protectorsAerial removed. (Didn’t want the damned RFK in the first place!)Interior mods:340R handbrakeHandbrake tunnel trimmed in black alcantaraShort shift kitDetatchable Momo steering wheel in black alcantara. With aluminum hub adaptor.Extended passenger footrest (MK2 Elise)Aluminium heater control knobsAluminium courtesy lamp switchAluminium door panel fixingsAluminium column stalksAluminium fixings on gearstick surroundAluminium cigarette lighterAluminium alarm tell-tale (LED) surroundMetal trip switchCarbon fibre panels round the door handlesCarbon fibre gearstick surroundCarbon fibre gearstick cover plateCarbon fibre lower sill coversEngine bay ‘styling’:Alloy oil filler capBlue silicone hosesCarbon fibre air boxAluminium panel fixingsMK2 Elise cam coverComments on some of the more unusual stuff:(All prices are from the time I bought mine)To fit the 340R handbrake you need the following:340R handbrake LA340J0010F �119.79+vathandbrake clevis pin LA075W6033Z �0.41+vatscrews (2 of) LA075W1081Z �1.00 (each)+vat(I believe the price of the handbrake has risen considerably since mine was done [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/frown.gif[/image])MK2 Elise cam cover LB117E0013F �11.25+vatI had to modify this to fit, but it does a very good job of keeping water out of the spark plug wells.MK2 Elise extended passenger footrest LA117U0076F �48.48Expensive, but the missus couldn’t reach the standard footrest. She is much more confortable with this one.Sport 190 Air duct adaptor LA111E0023K �29.55Motorsport air trunking LA111E0020/2 �88.26I strongly belive the engine should breath cold air from outside, instead of hot air from next to the exhaust manifold.Aluminium column stalks �42.55I don’t know who makes these, but they were supplied by Nick Whale Sportscars.I had to modify them substantially before I was happy with their appearance.Carbon fibre gearstick surround �75.00 + vatSupplied by Moto-build. Very flimsy. I reinforced mine using a glass fibre kit from Halfords. I have re-finished it in a sort of ‘satin finish’ instead of the original gloss finish.Carbon fibre door handle surrounds. Price not known. Re-finished as with gearstick surround.Aluminium cigarette lighter. Price ?Made by Ripspeed. Supplied by Halfords.The following were hand-made by myself:Aluminium heater control knobsAluminium courtesy lamp switchAluminium alarm tell-tale (LED) surround[This message has been edited by Brendan (edited 11 February 2002).]