Breakdown Insurance for an Old Exige

Now that our cars are coming up to 10 years of age, my current breakdown insurer, Green Flag, will no longer cover me for European trips :cry:

However, given my history with them over the last 10 years, I can’t blame them & am surprised that they cover me for the UK :whistle:

Anyone else have a good deal, for multi-car use, that will include European cover?

The RAC will give you cover in UK and ask for an extra premium for cars over 11 years old in Europe. Not cheap but it seems to work OK.

Also, Footman James insurance offer breakdown cover so if you are anywhere near to renewal time that might be worth looking at.

Try First Call GB ltd 0800389 5150 Quote Lotus on Track member…I think they will cover it.

Damnit…don’t let the S2 boys see this thread !!!

:wink:

Sod that I hope the breakdown operators don’t see this thread - they may find the strong correlation between Lotus trackdays and callouts :blush:

“…no Mr AA Relay I was honestly driving quietly past North Weald when my driveshaft snapped” :wink:

[quote=Benja]Sod that I hope the breakdown operators don’t see this thread - they may find the strong correlation between Lotus trackdays and callouts :blush:

Too late I gather that AA France wont collect you from any where near Abbeville…

Anybody got a trailer they dont want anymore?? :crazy:

If you really get stranded, Alex from Lizard Logistics is your friend.

He’s moved my car a couple of times and he is a petrolhead and all round top bloke.

Thanks for the replies - will look at the extra premium from the RAC that might be the way to go this year.

At the moment, I have “More Than” cover. Hoping they’ll still offer cover next year, when I need to renew!

I use the RAC, they have a classic car policy for cars over 10 years, cost me about �80 a year. If I want to extend cover for Europe (west only I think) its about �55. This was through the motor sports section as they give a discount for RAC MSA licence holders.