Brakes staying on

Recently went for spirited drive, and am now finding the brake pedal is staying on. I’m having to flick it back into position from underneath.

Is this a common problem/TADTS?

Ive never heard of that before… must be a faulty servo or something…

Recently went for spirited drive, and am now finding the brake pedal is staying on. I’m having to flick it back into position from underneath.

Is this a common problem/TADTS?

I had exactly the same problem,took ages to diagnose in the end it was something to do with the pedal assembly behind the bulkhead,clam off job.It took one of the lotus engineers to come up with the idea as they had seen the issue on only one of the test cars they had.Fixed under warranty and no problems since.

marc.

I had exactly the same problem,took ages to diagnose in the end it was something to do with the pedal assembly behind the bulkhead,clam off job.It took one of the lotus engineers to come up with the idea as they had seen the issue on only one of the test cars they had.Fixed under warranty and no problems since.

marc.

Don’t understand this since there is no pedal assembly behind the bulkhead. Sure this wasn’t the excuse to avoid the worry of a faulty master cylinder ?! As far as I know the master cylinder can be removed and accessed without removing anything first.

My money is the master cylinder is sticking, it does have springs in it, these appear to be the only means for the pedal to return. Other than that a very stiff hinge on the brake pedal.

I would certainly get the fault fixed as the master cylinder may fail, at best only loosing front or back braking, if not already !

marc.

Don’t understand this since there is no pedal assembly behind the bulkhead. Sure this wasn’t the excuse to avoid the worry of a faulty master cylinder ?! As far as I know the master cylinder can be removed and accessed without removing anything first.

My money is the master cylinder is sticking, it does have springs in it, these appear to be the only means for the pedal to return. Other than that a very stiff hinge on the brake pedal.

I would certainly get the fault fixed as the master cylinder may fail, at best only loosing front or back braking, if not already !

Exactly what i thought at the time!I was told now could it be a faulty master cylinder.Ans dealers always tell the truth

marc.

Thanks for the replies.

I’ve now got it booked into Guglielmi motorsport to be looked at. Hopefully it wont be too painful!