Brakes disc replacement... Again!

Jason,

Sounds like a plan. Im up in the north of Scotland but im sure someone local to your girlfriends sister will be able to collect and distribute

Failing that im down at Norfolk from the 15th to the 17th July if thats anywhere near. Let me know closer to the time and we can arrange something.

Are there any other parts required to fit these bells apart from the disks obviously, i.e. spacers etc for the calipers?
By the way how much can you get the disks for in SA?

Cheers,

Scott

Ian did you have any more progress with getting some hubs made up?

I know a man that’s currently trying in the UK. No news yet though.

Jason, do yours fit straight on to the std hubs and space ok for the std calipers? Also which disks are you using at the rear, as I didn’t think 3124s came in 280mm?

Ian

fit perfectly, you will need a few washers to lift caliper up slightly for the new disc at 295.

They were made using the std lotus disc as measurements so they are exactly the right size, off set etc. No need to move caliper holes. Or worry about scraping.

Ian I haven’t decided yet still got some life left in the std at the moment. But will propably go for the front calipers to back with 3124 discs and make use of the bias valve. More info tomorrow when i am not so tired.

later

Thanks Jason. Other then the distance, I knew there was a reason we headed down this route ourselves. We’re looking at doing the rears too.

I think we’re looking the AP 295mm 3580s at the front and 280mm(ish) 4530s at the rear.

Ian