brake upgrade, what to get???

Hi Chris any chance you can post the AP part number for the motorsport master cylinder buying it from AP and what price they were quoting, Ta
thanks for the Pic’s Pesky neat looking instal and does away with the zip tie many Elises came out the factory with
cheers Hamish[/quote]

AP part no.CP3627-12PRM110

Also what about this for the brake dust problem: Autoglym clicky

Sean, what are the PF pads like on discs? The Pagids I use are incredibly easy on the disc (no issue with pad dust either!) It’s quite a consideration when looking at the prices of new discs - especially when you have discs the size of my fronts AP ones!

Azrael - not surprised about the lack of wear…you never use the bloody thing! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks Azrael :slight_smile:

There not too bad on the disks. I got through 2 sets of disks and about 4 sets of pads last season.

But as Pesky says, your garage queen should be quite easy on the disks and the pads!

And petrol!

:wink:

Also what about this for the brake dust problem: Autoglym clicky

Dont think i have ever bought an Autoglym product that did what it said on the tin !

:smiley: That’s fair enough Pesk… it’s not through lack of effort though!

That’s bugger Mike, I must be using it wrong then! :crazy: Though there cant be many (if any) things that would properly protect a wheel from brake dust at the sort of temperatures expected on a trackday etc

Just to jump back on the main topic for Chris’ sake…

Couldn’t agree more. This really is a good setup, just be wary of the 4 pot calipers when it comes to redrilling the front uprights as the Lotus Sport AP, the generic AP CP5100 and the Pro5000+ AP all look similar but have slightly different mounting offsets

Anyone knows if there is an AP 4-pot caliper that fits on S1 Aly Hubs without drilling?

No, not that I know of.

Drilling the hubs is no big deal though, honest.

Which uprights do you use on the rear that fit to the AP 2 POT calipers from the front?
I know about the EP-solution for the ally uprights.
But is it also possible to use steel ones?

[quote=petere]Which uprights do you use on the rear that fit to the AP 2 POT calipers from the front?
I know about the EP-solution for the ally uprights.
But is it also possible to use steel ones? [/quote]

You need some Motorsport uprights, talk to SeanB after he sorts my set out :wink:

Yeah as Andy D says the Lotus Motorsport uprights are designed so that the original front 2 pot calliper bolts straight on. We bought all of the remaining stock from Lotus, so let us know if you are interested.

Other advantages are a bigger wheel bearing.

Sean…

Hi Sean

I�m interested in these. What means bigger wheel bearing?
I have now driveshafts/joints attached to my K20 that fit to the standard bearings.
In other words: Are these plug and paly to my driveshafts, wisbones and toe link kit?

and how much is one set of these?

Many thanks for fast response!

Regards Peter
peter et entenfellner dot at

The bearing is bigger and will require a bigger drive flange.

Your drive shafts will be fine as the spline pattern on the motorsport drive flanges are the same.

The link to the bottom wishbone is designed to take a rose joint. This is well worth doing actually and a great improvemnet over the standard ball joint.

Your toe links will fit fine.

We sell the hubs at �200 + vat per pair

Hi Sean

want to order a package with uprights, mastercylinder, bearings, etc.
please send me an e-mail from you

regards
Peter

Will do Peter, either John or myself will send you a PM early next week.

Sean…

Hi Sean
can you give me any good advice or pattern how to fit the 4 pot AP to the ally fronthubs? I really do not want to destroy one set of these to get the knowhow - did this many times in the past :frowning:((

Thanks
Peter

You want to make sure that your wheel bearings and drive flanges are in good condition, then hold the disc/bell combo in position on the drive flange with a couple of nuts to secure it.

Then position the caliper so that

the disc runs centrally between the pad stops in the caliper, inside, outside, top and bottom.
the outside diameter of the disc matches the outside edge of the pads - the AP calipers have varriable bosses on the back of the caliper, to suit different disc sizes, so there is no gaurantee that the left and right are the same, even when bought at the same time. You can make them fit by machining the caliper or adding shims to the underside.

Then mark up the hubs, drill, tap and fit with appropriate fixings .

What he said!

‘make sure your drive flanges are in good condition’ that’s easier said than done is’nt it john!! :wink:

thx to John - al parts got in time - 4 pots and bigger mastercylinder mounted 2 pots to the rear and laptimes got down :slight_smile:)))

Peter