Brake pads.

Hello all.

I have just managed to kill off my Mintex 1155 at my recent track day. I can’t say I am honestly impressed with them. They squeak lots and are dusty as hell. I also didn’t feel like I could modulate the stopping very easily either.

Does anyone have a recommended pad to try?

How important are your wheels to you…as PF pads are good but the dust can ruin wheels if not washed off fairly soon AFAIK.

Pagid RS14’s are a step up from Mintex.

I don’t know if Carbon Lorraine CL5+ or CL6 have got over their backing plate issues from some users…but they get favourable reviews from some.

Tbh the alloys need a refresh . Some paint come off them. I am however quite meticulous with my cleaning

Thanks for the recommendation

Other more track hardened warriors will be along Andy to recommend options. I’ve only tried the Pagid’s and CL’s.

Mintex are fine for the road but don’t quite have the longevity on track imo.

I killed my mintex in 1500mi :confused:

Performance Friction all day, just watch the dust :wink:
Don’t bed in the pads on a wet day!

If noise bothers you as much as it bothers me, then go for the Pagid RS4-2’s rather than the 14s. Not quite the same stopping capability but they wear well on circuit, never had issues with fade on them and they’re pretty quiet.

The incessant squealing of the 1155 drove me bonkers.

PF every time but as others say, you need to get the dust off quick before it attaches permanently.
Used to use Pagid RS14, but had too many issues with uneven pad transfer and brakes juddering as a result.

Anyone run Ferodo Ds1:11?

Just changed to them on my Clio after running the DS3500, seem very good indeed. I only use them as they do not do PF for the brake setup I have on the Clio

Ha! I ran them on the Meg r26 I had. Were also good.

I am aware that some products work well on one model but not another hence my question.

I hate answering my own question with another question as well :slight_smile:

PF’s all round.

PF’s all round. Dont bed them in on a wet day.

I’d say that’s very good for track usage. I never got that on my Elise (but I do slow down a lot). Pagid Blue was always my choice. One set squeaked, all others where ok.

Agreed, on here we have had issues with RS14 pads depositing on discs (we all think they changed the compound), also Carbon Lorraine delamination problems on here and Clio, I will never use them again. hence most of us ended up with PF