Brake line warranty recall

Had a call from my local friendly Lotus dealer today saying that I needed to go in to see them as soon as possible for a fix on a brake line to check the routing of it. He didn’t know too much about it so I couldn’t find out anything else. Anyone else been contacted yet or know what its about?.

Bloody hell - that’s a recall from 2001!!!

IIRC there was the slight chance that acid from the battery could leak onto the brakeline, so it was relocated.

My car was registered end of Dec 2001 could it be the same one?.

It could be the same one - even though your car was registered in Dec 01, it may have been built quite a long time beforehand. What is its build number (last 3 digits of chassis number)? My car is No 409 & was built in the Autumn of 2000, & registered in Jan 01. Only around 610 in total were built.

It could be the same one - even though your car was registered in Dec 01, it may have been built quite a long time beforehand. What is its build number (last 3 digits of chassis number)? My car is No 409 & was built in the Autumn of 2000, & registered in Jan 01. Only around 610 in total were built.

It is no 589 I think

601 according to the Lotus book: the official story

It is no 589 I think

Three after mine, also a Dec 2001 car.

Ian

quick question. the last three digits of my chassis number are 119 and was registered june 2001. does that mean its been sitting around in the factory ages before it was sold?

Who knows, but if the last digits are 80119, then yes, you have an early car.

Ian

i thought all Exiges were built over a small time span and it took Lotus a long time to sell them hence a range of different registration plates but all with similar build dates?

I think you’ll find they were built over more than a year, with the last ones being finished in Q4 2001.

Ian