BRAKE FLUIDS!

Sorry to go over old chestnuts, but cannot find any links on the ‘search’ to brake fluids!

I had an increasingly soft pedal last time at Donny and want to change to some better fluid! Any recommendations please!

I Forgot what Pesky uses!!!(sorry memory going!!)…

Also, is Castrol SRF silcon based, ie: If I choose this, can it be used to replace the existing DOT 5.1 fluid in the system?

Many thanks,

Pete.

Pete

I now use this http://www.aaoil.co.uk/racing-R600 If it’s good enough for Randy’s Group C motas, it’s good enough for me!

Details of SRF Castrol React SRF Racing Dot 3 & 4 Car Brake Fluid

Just make sure that you get enough to drain/flush the old stuff out.

Pete,

SRF can be mixed with DOT 3,4 or 5.1. You just lose it’s benefits if you mix it is all.

DOT 5 are Silicone based and shouldn’t be mixed with any other.

SRF for me…if its good enough for F1 it should have my needs covered

Pete,

SRF can be mixed with DOT 3,4 or 5.1. You just lose it’s benefits if you mix it is all.

DOT 5 are Silicone based and shouldn’t be mixed with any other.

Thanks for that!

Soooo, how many litres are required to flush the old stuff out! And how does one know when the old is out and the new is in! All looks the same colour when you bleed it!

If you use a fluid of contrasting colour it’s easy.

ATE Super Blue Racing is, strangely, blue. They also do an amber version called Type 200. Just alternate the two and the change in colour as you flush is obvious. Both are available at EuroCarParts for a sensible price and work well. The spec’s not all that different to Castrol Response Super.

You need 1.5 ltr to make sure.

Jusy my 1/2 p worth I flushed out the old gooy fluid and still had a little left of my 1 ltr bottle of SRF…and now have a really firm pedal…shame it does not work on parts other fluids cannot reach