BRAKE FIX

I remember reading on the pages somewhere that Lotus had released a fix for the brake travel, spoke to the dealer today who says he hasnt heard of anything. Anyone got anymore details. the cars going in for a new radiator after the mechanic dented it and then forgot to let me know (spotted it that night then he remembered) Ive got a list the length of my arm of things needing fixed so hoped to get all done at once cause Im fed up with them “taking it for a test run” everytime its in.
Anyone elses headlight LED go on and off as it chooses?
Looking forward to possibly loosing some squeaks but the gritters can only be a few weeks away so Ive found a garage and bought a Lada so the exige doesnt need to fear an engine full of grit and can come out and play when its less likely to be run into. will be sad not to use it everyday but heres hoping the russians build reliable cars

Had my pedal “highered”, but it has increased the leverage and it is too high! So now I have a pedal that jams the brakes on even if you just look at it…the height is my fault as I asked the techie to raise it that much.

Just do a search has all been covered
BTW I have had the fix (big improvement) @ MMC Edinburgh so if you are over this way they should be able to help.

Heres what I came up with with a quick search

http://www.exiges.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=s2s&Number=47192&Forum=f27&Words=brake%20ajustment&Searchpage=0&Limit=100&Main=46333&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=6&newertype=m&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post47192

So now I have a pedal that jams the brakes on even if you just look at it.

Don’t worry Russ the ABS will stop you getting in any bother.
John

You know mate, I do not think it has ever triggered on me - I forgot I had it!

Did MMC charge you and does it leave you with a heightened brake pedal? Not sure if I would want it any higher as i could do with the chair going back one more notch anyway.
Anyone get a friction sound when turning their steering wheel, just noticed it another day when getting out of parking spaces and slow speed turns. Maybe its just another lotus noise to join in the symphony

Anyone get a friction sound when turning their steering wheel, just noticed it another day when getting out of parking spaces and slow speed turns. Maybe its just another lotus noise to join in the symphony

Probably the power steering playing up.

I know, I know…

Anyone get a friction sound when turning their steering wheel, just noticed it another day when getting out of parking spaces and slow speed turns.

I have had it on full lock when parking, found one of the wheel arch liners had come loose.
John

MMC did not charge. The brake pedal should not be raised if done right it just looses the dead travel leaving you with a good pedal set-up.

Cheers, I shall have a word with them at MMG Glasgow and see, but they seem pretty clueless, and think they are getting a bit fed up, but it does begin to piss you off when you’ve spend 30 grand on a car that seems to spawn a new problem every week. especially when they knacker your radiator and use silicon putty to stop leaks which makes your car interior look and smell like a toilet.
Heres hoping they pull their finger out.

If I remember correctly the sales ratio between Edinburgh Glasgow was 35 to 1! They don’t seem to care one way or the other. If I were you I would take a little drive east

asked them today about brake fix, they said could be done but wouldnt recommend it as could jam when brakes get very hot. Not sure how but will leave it for now. The steering wheel noise was a dry brass connector for the horn that needed relubed.

That crap loads of people have done it now and no issues. Think they just can’t be arsed. Lotus would not have given the fix out if it was not safe.