Brake discs

Any one got any recommendations on front & rear discs for a S2 Exige ??
Paul

What brakes have you got 2 or 4 pot?

Standard 2 pot fella

I can’t actually remeber what I put on the fronts when I had 2’s. Rears I fitted Alcons with PF pads and braided hoses towards the end and they were noticeable excellent. Fronts, AP’s, PF pads again, braided hoses. SRF or RBF fluid. I used the car mainly on track, no noticeable transfer from pad to disc but PF pads are dusty. Probably wise to go with Pagid pads. My 4 pot set up was mega with all this, properly mega road and track.

I think unless you’re a proper track nutter (or Ferret :slight_smile: ) the standard brakes / discs are more than enough for most drivers.

RBF660 fluid (cheaper than SRF and just as good)
PF pads (considered the go to pad for track work)
Standard discs / Elise Parts aluminium belled discs are pretty decent really.

Quite agree, as all the parts are now on my car, as a Don Palmer the instructor said, “what the beep are the brakes on this thing?” I use Pagid blues, because I always have. I once got bad pickup at Anglesey but it wore off. Only problem is in the wet I could do with some bias adjustment, they can get squirrelly under very hard braking.

EBC turbo groove were fine on mine , was running 320 bhp at Donington with no issues just before I sold it.

I’m with Adam, unless you are going to do quite a few track days there is no need to go mad, if you want more bite from the pedal get braided lines with RBF600 and a set of pagid pads.

Good old Don. Eccentric / insane and brilliant to learn car control with. The guy can drive. My best mate is Don’s nephew :slight_smile: