brake calipers.

hi, i really want to get my brake calipers painted on my s2 exige. my car is black so was thinking of getting them done in yellow like the 240r. does anyone know somewhere good to get them done. have contacted lotus and the dealer where i bought my car but both have been unhelpful so far. i know somewhere cheap that is good for respaying scratches ive had on previous cars but not sure i trust them to remove my brakes and more importantly put them back on properly! has anyone here had there calipers painted at anywhere they could recomend? also what sort of price should i be looking for to get all 4 calipers sprayed? all advise much appreciated. thanks.

Halfords sells the brake caliper paint kit, if you must…

anyone else who can help, as its not a job i want to do myself. any recomendations of where to go would be helpful. thanks.

Maccy D’s car park on a Wednesday night, 7:30pm.

LOL!

ollie try moto-build they have Lotus experience, are in London (nr Heathrow) and as you will see from the web-site…er, how do I put this?..are very capable at changing the exterior appearance of vehicles. They fitted my Larini.

Ian

thanks for your help Ian. are painted calipers particularly fround upon on this site? i didnt think it was particularly a ‘chav’ thing to do as i saw the 240r with yellow calipers and thought it was a very nice touch. not really a mcdonalds car park type of thing, unlike having a bright orange car in my opinion!

Don’t worry Ollie, they’re just being seanuts

Painted callipers are pretty minimal, but it’s the whole “If ti doesn’t make you go faster why are you doing it?” ethic

Just flick 'em the bird with a huge cheesy grin! LOL!

If you use yellow paint, that would reflect more of the radiated heat from the discs, leading to lower temperatures in the caliper, and thus in the brake fluid, leading to better braking at the limit, and all for the price of a few grams of extra weight…

Not Chav at all…

but you won’t see me doing it, because BLACK IS BEST

Mike, surely on that basis you should paint the caliper yellow only where it faces the disk. Elsewhere, it should be painted black so it radiates heat more effectively

LOL

I think painted calipers look cool. What colour shall I do mine on my nightfall blue car?

I think painted calipers look cool. What colour shall I do mine on my nightfall blue car?

Go for ‘Gimp T shirt pink’

Lotus will take your old ones and trade you a painted set for a price ���?

anyone else who can help, as its not a job i want to do myself. any recomendations of where to go would be helpful. thanks.

I get the impression you elieve you yave to take them off.
You don’t, you paint them in place.
Not very difficult and it’s in the instructions.

Or you don’t want to do it because it imples removing a wheel?

Or you don’t want to get your hands dirty?

Anyway, it doesn’t help dissipate heat better, and the yellow will most likely change hue after a few heat cycles.
Not my thing, but if you must, Halfords is the solution.

Or pay through your nose for a Lotus dealer to do it.

[quote]

Anyway, it doesn’t help dissipate heat better[quote]

I knew that really…

Wasn’t a dig on you, wheelie!

I should have said… anyway, it’s not like it will improve your braking at all.

Dunno, sometimes I feel we’re too…

… hardcore?

My first post was supposed to be an obvious ‘tease’…

You know I abhor bling anything… (except girls, of course)

Go for ‘Gimp T shirt pink’

Thats it!!! I’m off to buy hammerite