Bought it today.

Hello folks.

I bought a bright yellow Exige today.

So after 8 years of Caterham ownership, I have finally bought a grandad car ie. one with a roof.

Saw it on tinternet. Went and had a look, had a drive. All is ok with it. Except for an annoying squeek from a seat! Took my brother who’s a mechanic and had a good fertle about underneath and in all the nooks and crannies and all was in order. Chassis and pickups were unmarked. HPI clean.

Looking forward years of pleasure.

I guess I need to find the Croft trackday details and see if there are any spaces left!

Andy

congrats on the purchase! welcome to the strange but wonderful world of exige ownership!

Soggster

I was talking with Mark today at Anglesey - he told me you’d bought his car yesterday

SUPERCALAFRAGARLISTICEXIGEALADOSHUSH…

So Mr Pesky,

I think he was a bit nervous when 2 big skinheads turned up wanting to take his car away. He seemed like a nice bloke, plenty of nice toys in his garage Car seems sound too. Had some paint and plastic but nothing serious.

Soggy

He didn’t describe you - so you must have given him a fright

Garage - I’m not usually a fan of cars from Bavaria, but…

Do you know the car then mr Pesk,

I know it’s yellow, but have I bought a lemon?

Nah, no lemon.

Mark knows his stuff, & he knew the car’s detailed history from new. He tends to be very cautious before putting his hand in his wallet

The car was LRV’s demo S1, & was run in & used daily by Mark’s dad - LRV’s very experienced Lotus Sales Manager. The car suffered some minor (but new rear clam) damage after a customer span it at Anglesey in 2001. After an excellant repair job (it was off the road for a couple of months IIRC), it was then bought by a local bloke (Yogi) in Bolton, with about 8k miles on the clock. AFAIK he never tracked it, & only used it occasionally at weekends for the next 2 or 3 years. He then asked LRV to sell it for him, & they had it up for �24K for a few months, but didn’t achieve a sale. Yogi then traded it in locally against a Beemer. Mark (who works for BMW) then bought it sometime in 2004.

As far as I know,the car is sound, & provided you ensure that the oil level is correct, & change it & the filter every 3k miles, you should have a lot of fun

I believe that Croft is not a million miles from where you live, so make sure you book yourself in & meet the rest of the nutters

Cheers fella, good to get the info from a 3rd party. I knew it had had a rear clam, but not the other details. I must admit it was repaired very well.

I’ll book Croft tomorrow hopefully.