Bosch batteries

Anybody know the difference between the:

• Bosch Silver Plus (part no 543-107-048)

&

• Bosch Silver (part no 543-023-039)

Simon & Elaine’s research at Costco this evening has Bosch stating the plain old Silver is suited to the Exige. It’s stated spec is - 43Amp/hr & 390Amp

Anybody know what the Plus is? I wondered about a weight difference but they didn’t list one (although a little more than Elaine was the consensus).

Costco sell it at �23.48 (�19.99 without Gordon’s bit).

Ian

ps. No answers stating the difference is the word ‘Plus’ and part number please!

IDG did you look here ??

No and thank you.

But who really needs more starting power?! [IRONICALLY ASKS THE MAN WHO COULDN’T START THE CAR FOR JUST THIS REASON NOT A WEEK AGO!]

Ian

IDG did you look > here > ??

Let me quote from the above link

“The innovative grid geometry combines with silver alloy to create a power package that withstands hot engine-bay environments while offering enhanced resistance to deep discharge, even after extended periods parked in frigid conditions.”

Nuff said, although not sure if this was originally copied from the Karma Sutra

LOvL!

I didn’t know anybody actually read that stuff!

D’you think they have competitions to see how far they can push the sexual suggestions before getting told off?! It’s how they write Will & Grace.

Ian

Hey Pesky … hows your power package these days…

Ian,

Have a quick here Bosch Battery from a while back when I was having problems.

Basically the standard battery around 390amps is right on the threshold of whether it tells the car to fire or not and once the battery gets a bit older that seems to be when they start turning but not firing

Theres a link to a post from mark on there somewhere which explains about it.

The trick is to fit a bigger battery ie 065 but they are a lot bigger and heavier.

The Silver plus is just as powerful but still light.

When I tried to get one my local dealer faxed me a Bosch specification sheet with details on all the batteries:

The Silver plus 4PT is around 14kg, the standard about 13kg and a type 065 about 15kg.

Although before I fitted mine I weighed it and it was only 12kg around 1kg less than the standard one

And a little smaller!

So basically you get a battery as powerful as the 065 but as light and as small as the standard one…

And mine hasnt troubled me once since I fitted it

God … I should get out more

cheers Robbo just about all you could ask for in terms of info…

Just for the on-going record on batteries, I had fitted the Varta one which matches the bosch part number (as seen on this website)and christ does it turn over quick. It is rated at 470 amps I think, which means you dont even need any throttle to fire it!! I recommend everyone fit a battery just for fun.

Just for the on-going record on batteries, I had fitted the Varta one which matches the bosch part number (as seen on this website)and christ does it turn over quick. It is rated at 470 amps I think, which means you dont even need any throttle to fire it!! I recommend everyone fit a battery just for fun.

LOL

Ian,

Have a quick here > Bosch Battery > from a while back when I was having problems.

Basically the standard battery around 390amps is right on the threshold of whether it tells the car to fire or not and once the battery gets a bit older that seems to be when they start turning but not firing

Theres a link to a post from mark on there somewhere which explains about it.

The trick is to fit a bigger battery ie 065 but they are a lot bigger and heavier.

The Silver plus is just as powerful but still light.

When I tried to get one my local dealer faxed me a Bosch specification sheet with details on all the batteries:

The Silver plus 4PT is around 14kg, the standard about 13kg and a type 065 about 15kg.

Although before I fitted mine I weighed it and it was only 12kg around 1kg less than the standard one

And a little smaller!

So basically you get a battery as powerful as the 065 but as light and as small as the standard one…

And mine hasnt troubled me once since I fitted it

God … I should get out more

The latest battery thread (and the facct that my battery died now) made go and look for one and I found that the 5LN is the same size as the 4PN, and that it seems (from the Bosch site) that the Silevr Plus doesn’t exist as such anymore, but they have changed the anems.
Look here

Hmmm, inclined just to go and buy the 5LN (540 cranking amps, 50AH) instead of the recommended (same size) 4PN (420 cranking amps, 45AH)

Couldn’t find the Silver Plust 4PT in their site enymore (480amps)
Thing that puzzles me is that their site mentions the 5LN being a different format (076 instead of 063) but I saw them and pysically looks like only 1mm taller

Anybody know the difference between the:

• Bosch Silver Plus (part no 543-107-048)

&

• Bosch Silver (part no 543-023-039)

Simon & Elaine’s research at Costco this evening has Bosch stating the plain old Silver is suited to the Exige. It’s stated spec is - 43Amp/hr & 390Amp

Anybody know what the Plus is? I wondered about a weight difference but they didn’t list one (although a little more than Elaine was the consensus).

Costco sell it at �23.48 (�19.99 without Gordon’s bit).

Ian

ps. No answers stating the difference is the word ‘Plus’ and part number please!

Ok, from the part numbers and the previous link I can see that the 5LN is the new equivalence to the 4PT.

30 quid from Autosave. Getting it today

Thanks Uldis, you’ve spurred me into getting the 4PT today. My old battery hasdnot been holding its charge of late, & I got the Bosch from Euro Car Parts (M/cr) for �28.50 plus Gordon’s bit.

I just re-read my posts and bloody hell! I do sound like Vicky Pollard!
It was all too much info.

I do hope you got the right one then, the 5LN.

I have not had any ‘bovver’ with mine since using a charger/optimiser thingumajig. Cant remember who makes it but seem ok. I keep swapping it from Elan to Exige and they both now start first crank. The Elan wont start at all unless its spinning fast enough.

Ok, from the part numbers and the previous link I can see that the 5LN is the new equivalence to the 4PT.

30 quid from Autosave. Getting it today

Just looking at batteries today and noticed that the difference appears to be that the 5LN is designed for diesel engines:

5LN 50Ah 540A(En) 212x175x175 12.92kg
4PN 45Ah 420A(En) 212x175x175 11.95kg

so has a bit more power and is a little heavier.