Bootlid fit

Mine has a 10-15mm of sunlight down the top of both passenger and driver sides.

It’s been in for 1k service today, and was told it was “normal”.

The one in the showroom had the same issue, but one on the forecourt was spot on.

The service guy reckons the clam was out, and they couldn’t adjust it :S

Anyone else got the same problem?

TIA

Si

on a S or an NA

S ones looks much worse

Mine is not great, but it is uniform all the way round,

i am planning on having a go to see if i can adjust it to see if i can get a tighter fit,

Might have a go tomorrow will let you know how i get on

Mines the same but the gap allows me to look out the back to see if anything is around when I reverse !

kimbo

Mine has a 10-15mm of sunlight down the top of both passenger and driver sides.

It’s been in for 1k service today, and was told it was “normal”.

The one in the showroom had the same issue, but one on the forecourt was spot on.

The service guy reckons the clam was out, and they couldn’t adjust it :S

Anyone else got the same problem?

TIA

Si

Take the gas struts off (i presume you have an S) and you will find it fits much better. The problem is the intercooler sits in the middle were the gas strut is on the NA cars. On the S they had to put the struts on either side which connect near the outside edge oof the lid. They push up against the most flexible point on the lid and give a terrible shutline.

I removed mine and the shutline is good. (they are only connected with ball joints and pop off dead easy)

I noticed that on the newest S models they have returned to a central strut but with an different mounting bracket to ensure clearance.

I plan to get this set up at my next service…

Mine use to be quite tight and shut nicely, since the prang its had a crap clearance and barely shuts

Strangely enough, I adjusted mine last night. It seemed a little high all-round, and a little too far towards the rear.

First I removed the wing so there was less weight for me to handle while the hinges were being slacked off.

I removed one spacer from each hinge. You don’t need to take the bolts right out, the spacers just slide in. Then I shifted the whole cover towards the front of the car while the hinge bolts were loose. I did this one side at a time so there was always one hinge plus the strut supporting the cover while I was adjusting it.

Next I had to adjust the catch as the cover would no longer close. I removed the rubber end caps from the two bolts which act as end stops for the lid to sit on.

I slacked off the big nut which locks the striker pin in place and tried to move it towards the rear of the car to compensate for the fact the lid had been moved forwards. It was already at the end of its travel so I had to remove it completely and enlarge the hole in the lid using a dremel.
I put the striker pin back in, and adjusted the length and position until the lid fitted nicely.

The final part of the job was to adjust the length of the two bolts I mentioned earlier, and re-fit the rubber end bits.

Perhaps you should send these instructions to Lotus, Brendan

Photo as promised

[image]http://www.unionng2.plus.com/gap.jpg[/image]

You’ll always see a gap, it’s just not designed to fit tightly against the clam. I’ve just adjusted mine so the panel is reasonably flush with the clam on the outside.

perhaps you could find some rubber seals to fill in the gap if it is really getting on your tits?!

I find the gap quite usefull when checking the blindspot

Obviously a design feature by lotus

I find the gap quite usefull when checking the blindspot

Obviously a design feature by lotus

I have to admit to using that technique

It does seem as though I am not alone. It is quite annoying when I give people a lift they always point it out.

Comments like “You spent 40k on a car and I can see daylight through the panels” is what’s annoying me