Boot size in litres???

Odd request I know but going to head up to north wales end of this week for all next week and will need to take quite a bit of kit really, some I’m gonna manage to off load onto some others going that way…

…Anyway, was looking for some suitable bags, saw a 40 litre one that looked pretty good, it may fit with the usual swearing But there was a 60 litre that may fit too! Oh decisions!!!

I found the most effective way is to buy two bags.

a) Pack bag1
b) Put empty bag2 open in boot
c) transfer content of bag1 into bag2
d) revese procedure on arrival

I hate trying to squeeze packed bags through the aperture and the bloody release mechanism disassembling

LOL

excellent piece of innovation there Benja…

Oh well Ben if you don’t have time to drive it I guess that’s something to do in the evening.

Ian

LOL you guys :grin

So you actually disassemble the boot latch??? I’ve never bothered myself

But I was thinking with QR fittings on the air box just popping it off to pack it in

Pants
Toothbrush
Antiperspirant
hat

Can’t see the problem myself. Unless you are camping it up, in which case, you deserve all you get.

Large bags are not the way to go. Much better several small bags - as mentioned the limiting factor is the gap between the airbox and the bonnet latch.

There is actually lots of space in the boot if you pack right back to the rear clam - certainly enough for two people camping in a 5 man tent (Le Mans this year) or two people round Europe for 3 weeks (last few years).

I’ve done a couple of mods to improve accesability of the boot space:

1. I’ve cut down the two black fibreglass trim panels on either side of the engine bay. I used to find the ends of my holdall got caught on them when I was trying to pull it out.

2. I found that the spring which lifts the engine cover wasn’t needed. Because I’ve the the motorsport cover, I can use the openings as handles to lift the cover. I’ve removed the spring, and its housing. This enabled me to adjust the fit of the plastic cover around the latch mechanism. This gave me an extra inch or so of clearance at this tight point.

I’ve done a couple of mods to improve accesability of the boot space:

Me too.

Converted to Honda

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Exiges/DSC01363.jpg[/image]

Now that’s an arguement I had not considered before - excellent lateral thinking and something that would impress the gf

Now that’s an arguement I had not considered before - excellent lateral thinking and something that would impress the gf

Good luck - Would you send me some of those super strength optimism pills, I’m running out!!!