Bonnet release

I wonder if anyone can give me some advice regarding the bonnet release. Basically it doesn’t (release that is)when I pull the lever it clicks and the bonnet does lift from the bottom detent but doesn’t allow me to lift it clear. It feels like it’s getting stuck. I know that other cars have this feature and you then have to move a lever or something under the bonnet to fully disengage the locking mechanism. Does the Exige have something like this or is it just me not using enough force on the T handle

Do you mean the front “service compartment” with the rad and battery and what not… Or the engine bay cover?

I did hear that the engine bay one can get rusty and so a squirt of WD40 every now and then will not go a miss… Maybe some spray grease after too

Yes sorry i should have been more specific it is the front services compartment. I’ll try the WD40 on it tonight to see if it makes a difference.

Icon

It’s just not releasing properly, & the catch will need adjusting - a few cars had this in the early days (2001)! IIRC the way to open it in the meantime, is to ask a mate (or wife or g/f) to press down on the cover whilst you pull the lever.It should then fully open, enabling you to then adjust the catch.

Good luck - let us know how you get on.

Tx Mr Pesky
I’ll try in the daylight tomorrow