Bias Pedal Box

so continuing from the other thread

options around doing the pedal box properly:

suppose if you go OE clutch it then means you need to sort a reservoir for the cylinder

Also any reason I can’t use a banjo bolt like this to put a brake pressure sensor (Bosch one) in the top?

Clutch reservoirs are cheap and easy to get, Burton Power do the old AP one, with bracket for about £10, or most Japanese cars from the 90’s had separate clutch reservoirs, normally joined by a pipe, millions on ebay.

No reason not to use a banjo like that, but preferred to choose one that I could mount where I wanted, and not need to worry about the sensor cracking from vibrations over time. Same sort of logic with not mounting an oil pressure sensor directly onto an engine. There’s not a huge amount of space between the reservoirs and the outlet, so space may be an issue, depending on the size of the sensor. Also bear in mind pretty much all the pressure out ports on the AP cylinders are M10x1, so can limit options.

In that first photo what’s the feed coming out the top of each MC outlet? My guess would be remote pressure sensors?

yeah guessing, John can confirm, that:

left: 90 each way for front wheels, then out the top for a pressure sensor
middle: single hose via bulkhead on banjo and pressure sensor line out top
right: ditto above for clutch - logging for clutch, nice

The pedal box I’ve just had built uses the standard clutch MC (I’ve been pissing about with it most of today and tonight, I think its just easier to put an AP in). CP4623 is only £20 more than the standard unit (each without a reservoir). I think I’m going to have this one tweaked to allow fitment of a third as the current layout of this one will result in three remote cylinders and packaging isn’t the best. Just need to work out bore size for the honda, my guess would be 0.75"?

Also note you need to cut the lower part of the windscreen surround to allow clearance for these to fit. You can see this more clearly in this a photo from Vic (who coincidently I bought this chassis from and I also gave him Johns contact for a pedal box)!

Pretty much. Brakes go to the dash, clutch go to the ECU, good for flat shift, launch control, anti-lag, etc.

1 bar of boost with no vehicle speed, 3000 rpm and WOT makes launch control pretty interesting!! :smiling_imp: Really should get a video for all the other children out there! :smiley:

yeah we need more video of that car!

Will give it a go. Currently in bits again as need more speed! :smiley:

never doubted it! :lolno:

Still 4 pot?

Yup. 4 fits nicely. 5 less so, sadly. Would have sounded epic!

so lump ready to take more? or visiting the internals

Slipperier! Work smarter, not harder :wink:

Fill your boots. Let us know if it works?? :smiley: