Best track day ever?-Donington yesterday.

Thanks to Rob and Tracksport for my best ever track-day.

thanks rob for a great day

Tony

Suberb

Tim.

Great day!
Heres a quick vid just to make people jealous who could not make it

[image]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/jamieall/th_Donny.jpg[/image]

It was a great day, thanks Guys, and it was nice meeting everyone

I have to say I had a terrible day!!

Firstly a huge appology to everyone who complained to Graham (Tracksport) about me flashing them into corners. Basically I found out that when I rebuilt the car I had mixed up the side light switch and the headlight switch (the plugs fit both switches) and basically every time i put the brakes on, the main beam came on as well. So so sorry if I put anyone off.

Secondly I apologise for not being as chatty as I usually am, I had a mad fault with my car and was pulling my hair out trying to fix it before Brands tomorrow, so if I ignored anyone or blew anyone off, please don’t hold it against me.

Thirdly, A big big sorry to Uldis whose Car I hit when I reversed into the pit garage. I thought my mates were watching me back, but they weren’t. DOH!!!

Thats the apologies over.

I thought the day was organised really well, as usual from the track sport boys. Huge thanks to all of the people who came up and commented on my car, it was much appreciated.

Got home last night and went out for a few beers. Got up this morning and sorted the car. It was a bloody loose crimp connector behind the dash. After all of the hair pulling a 3p part was making my car cut out on left hand bends. Fingers crossed all sorted now and it will run OK at Brands tomorrow.

Sean…

Great day!

Some handy driving there sir!

The day was superb and I feel happy for those who had the best day ever, but it didn’t go so well for me either.

Although not apparently THAT loud (after all, it gave 95 db static at 5K), the microphones didn’t like the pitch of my exhaust.
Was blackflagged constantly and managed to put in only about 50 min of track time.
Well I guess it was my turn, I had never been blackflagged before!

On the plus side, I really liked the power this exhaust gave, easily the best so far, miles better than the ultra bore stepped EBD I started with, and after sorting some sticking throttle bodies (kind of scary!, hint: spray WD40 onto the link from the BOTTOM!) the engine was running like a dream!.

Also, was the first time using the Nitron 2-ways with the helper springs in the rear and they worked extremely well!

But it was a great time to see you all (yes, you too Sean!, what’s a little paint between friends?) and put some faces to the recent names!.
Hope to see you guys back south some time soon! (kind of far for me)

I’ll be sporting a quieter silencer

Thanks to Pesky and 83man for all their hard work in arranging the day. (And to everybody else who helped)

Cheers to Wullie and David for taking me out for a few laps.

Not really sure why I enjoyed the weekend so much, started with a close shave where I almost wrote off the TVR (from the inside). Then this morning I found my CD Wallet, which in my excitement yesterday I failed to notice had got jammed in the runners of my seat (so half a dozen CD’s b*%�ered). And managed to top it off with losing all power, while hacking along in the outside lane of the M1 (so cheers to Jack from rescue services for the last 50 miles home on the back of his lorry).

So now I have a car with no power that will hardly even idle, stinks of fuel, has emulsified oil coming out the exhaust. But still smiling and will remember this weekend for a long time.

Where were all you soft shandy-drinking Southerners on Saturday night?. How come it was only the Scottish contingent left in the bar.

Enjoyed meeting everyone and was good to put faces to names.

Cheers
Wallsy

Great day!

[image]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/jamieall/th_Donny.jpg[/image] >

Jamie, its a pity you didn’t get me running out of talent and going backwards down craner at over 100mph, that would have been funny to watch

Just glad your new paint work was OK and that you were able to shed the speed before the gravel
The orange beast looked mean

Thanks Mate, I did try very hard to keep it on the black stuff but could have been nasty

zero rolls in the gravel I call that a result

Jamie, its a pity you didn’t get me running out of talent and going backwards down craner at over 100mph, that would have been funny to watch

Maddog, Watch this space!!! I’m sure I have it on video, (I was right behind) have not looked at the car since Donny and the camera is still mounted in there, it’s just a question of whether it was switched on or not!! I’ll try and get something sorted before weekend. I’ll put it up on videogoogle but if you want a better quality DVD drop me a PM and I’ll get one off to you. Hopefully this year
John

Thanks John,
My steering wheel is on the piss
(thats my excuse and I’m sticking with it )

Dave
I have it!!! Will make a concerted effort to edit the video tomoz and drag it off.
John

Thanks mate, I look forward to it

Great to meet up with some new faces from the board over the weekend. It made it all the better with the weather it dished out for us on the day.

It was a big old tank slapper you got going through the craners there Maddog. I must admit I thought It was me that was right behind you when your arse end let go. Am I in the picture Jaycee?

. I must admit I thought It was me that was right behind you when your arse end let go.

Oh that’s just disgusting!

Great day!

Your car really sounds good. What have you done with it?

[image]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/jamieall/th_Donny.jpg[/image] >