Best paint job ever

Firstly, two apologies 1) it’s not an Exige & 2) I’ve cross posted from SELOC

I think the car looks stunning, by doing the polar opposite to Pesky’s fine example What do you think?
[image]SELOC | Lotus Enthusiasts Club
[image]SELOC | Lotus Enthusiasts Club

[image]Gallery | The Lotus Cars Community

I think the guy on EliseTalk.com was going for the whole F-117 Nighthawk look, but I can help but think… Blackboard.

That said, it�s a very nice job with some lovely details on the sills and badge .

It is an undeniably cool car, but it just doesn�t quite feel right…

David

What colour is it… Look good to me

Third picture look very cool indeed.
Something quite sinister about the car which kinda suits it.

Big thumbs up at a distane but up close in pics 1 and 2 it looses some of its edge.

I thought that the Matt Black stealth look would suit the car more than it does. I don’t think I actually like it

Stumbled across this in an old copy of Autocar a couple of days ago, and I think that it would be a fantastic colour for an S2.

Scirocco

Although Krypton Green does sometimes look fantastic I think this might be even better.

The scirocco green is Quite similar to the lambourghini colour and it looks awesome on that…

The Moody lighting on picture 3 makes the car look super cool, almost like a scene from Gotham city, but in the other shots not so keen on it…Is that a Honda unit lurking in an american lotus ?

I’m with you there.
Been thinking on a change of colour and that’s the top of my list: matt black!

Pegbox, no that’s a Toyota engine.

I love the look of it, but I get the feeling that it’ll show fingerprints like a biatch.

Is it just me (perhaps I’m getting too sensible in my dotage) but isn’t this a recipe for an unfortunate night time interface with another vehicle that doesn’t see you?

Ian

Wonder why he hasnt painted the mirrors and rear wing matt black too?
Looks a bit strange with them left the original gloss black colour!

Some more great pics Here

OK when I get around to having a respray (no time soon alas) then I am gonna go for a flat black - that would look uber-mean on an S1

i reckon it looks awesome and i’m sure batman is very jealous. i think it works really well because the s2 is quite angular, and also because he has left the details gloss. don’t reckon it would look very good on an s1, but you really won’t know until you try it!! only problem is, a lot of people will think your driving one of the development hacks around!

Development hack, eh?

Hmmm… not a bad thing then!

Is it just me (perhaps I’m getting too sensible in my dotage) but isn’t this a recipe for an unfortunate night time interface with another vehicle that doesn’t see you?

Ian

Prophetic words Ian…

[image]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m218/serebo1/DSC00168.jpg[/image]

Tim

Ian

Prophetic words Ian…

[image]> http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m218/serebo1/DSC00168.jpg> [/image]

Tim

damn, cryin shame

(where do ya get the black lotus badge??)

Here�s an old thread about the black badge, hope it helps:

Clicky
Hanger 111

David

Here�s an old thread about the black badge, hope it helps:

Clicky
Hanger 111

David

thanks big help!

(now just need to find black wheel centers and steering wheel center)

(where do ya get the black lotus badge??)

Bound to be some at Donington this weekend - several Lotus dealers there (probably) and Club Lotus sell them as well. About �45 incl VAT for the enamel ones.