Bentley Ontrack

No idea why, as I have never even been into a Bentley showroom, but I must somehow be on a mailing list (maybe they found out I used to have a footballer spec Merc years ago ) but I got an invite to a ‘track experience’ at the Sunderland Nissan factory.

Track was mainly 2 long straights so was more a flat out blast, heavy braking, corner then another blast.

First run was a Continental V8 S (the white one in pic) and after about 10 minutes and a very noticeable drop in the fuel level the brakes were smelling pretty hot which wasn’t that surprising as it was getting to over 140 on the straights. Phil, the instructor who races GT cars said we needed to do 3 cooling down laps.

Next was a Continental Supersport but as I was short on time only a few laps in this. With a V12 there was mega torque but mega understeer to match and really no fun in comparison with the V8 but it would be at home cruising Alderley Edge high street.

Interiors were mega and for a blast across Europe would be great but it was nice to get back into the Lotus.

Oh and as you would expect the tucker was top notch.

Ohhhh suits you sir :smiley:

Can’t say a Bentley really rings my bell lots of choice in that category.

Ben take a look at the recent Bathurst Race - the wing on that Bentley - any faster it would be a proper flying machine :slight_smile:

Yeah I really enjoyed that footage,…but Bentley GT3 is something different eh!

Yep its great to see Bentley back in the racing fray rather than Cheshire cruising :slight_smile:

6970K - you jammy bugger!
Good, if brief, report…full story on Sunday

Bentley showroom is adjacent to the Lotus one in Leeds and I can’t help look through the window and admire some of the features of the Continentals.

Think I must just be getting old…

Nice one mate! Did you get the Lotus on???

No Mark but track wasn’t anything to test a Lotus.

Evora has first track outing at Spa in July :slight_smile:

Stick to the Lotus for track!! Couldn’t think of a worse car to do that in, wonder how much the day cost them in tyres, fuel and brakes alone?

The Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 looks an interesting offering from Bentley

It’s like the bastard child of a Jag and Audi born in China. With dodgy lights. An Auduar lol. Moving in the right direction though…

I like that :ugeek: