Bell Helmet Rant

I ordered my helmet at the Autosport show in January, and they said that it would only be available at the end of feb, that date got moved to the middle of march which then got moved to the beginning of april, I called demon tweeks today and they are only due in on the 8th may (1 week after my first race )

I can lend you a lid mate, not Bell class though!

Thanks mate, but I have decided to go for a different helmet
still a Bell though and it arrives on Thursday (yeah right!)

A good helmet is worth waiting for…but that’s a bit much! Hope you have tried on the alternative or it uses the same shell as there is so much variance between them.

Luckily its the same shell so hopefully will fit okay

I had the same problem, I shelled out �550 and after 6 months the people I bought it off went bust and took my money. (RPM Design in Derby) Then to top it all off they re opened as Gremlin Designs with the guys sister as MD and himself still painting lids.

Paying by credit card is your friend… (if offered).

The CC company refund you (may take a bit of prompting) then chase the merchant, but it ceases to be your problem at that point.

Hi, new to this site, I ordered a Bell RS3 Sport at the Autosport show Jan 05 & received it Feb 06, Worth the wait !!! Bell in Belguim were a nightmare.

Hi, new to this site, I ordered a Bell RS3 Sport at the Autosport show Jan 05 & received it Feb 06, Worth the wait !!! Bell in Belguim were a nightmare.

I have the same helmet (I think), is it the one with the 6 ‘press-stud’ like holes running down the front of it??

I ordered it at the end of last summer around september time through Demon Tweeks and didn’t get it until end of Jan. It then had to be returned for replacement as it had a great big gouge in the back of it, unbelievable. It’s actually quite concerning when you think about it. I mean, we are all told that a helmet can be seriously damaged without having any visual marks on it albeit this one was as plain as the nose on your face…Makes me want to question how extensive the checks are before each helmet leaves the factory, and what damged can possibly occur when it’s sent from manufacturing and through half a dozen other peoples hands before it finally gets placed on your bonce?

Should I be going up to casualty with a ‘suspected’ broken arm and an Ooh, btw, would you x-ray my helmet while Im here sort of thing, just to make sure I have a good-un??

Sir, your arm looks perfectly ok, but you seem to have an infestation of Yellow back African Termites located around the vicinity of your bell end, eating there way from the inside out…Sorry, your helmet.

Well at least you have it know, I also ordered mine from Deemon Tweeks, who were very helpfull to me, I did manage to get a free Double anti fog lens out of Bell. I must admit the helmet is nice.