"BBC RADIO 2"

Got the standard radio in the S2, just wondering is it just another of my cars character traits that I can only get a clear signal with Radio 2, other stations are available for a few minutes at best but passing a tree seems to be enough to bring on the static. as much as I love waking up to Terry it would be nice to have some variety or get to listen to the football sometimes

I have the standard one in mine and have never had any problems with reception

Mines OK unless driving on the A702 or certain parts of M6. But had the same probs with previous cars
Should get the wiring to the ariel checked

Got the standard radio in the S2, just wondering is it just another of my cars character traits that I can only get a clear signal with Radio 2, other stations are available for a few minutes at best but passing a tree seems to be enough to bring on the static. as much as I love waking up to Terry it would be nice to have some variety or get to listen to the football sometimes

LOL, just my S1! Thought I was alone.

Ian

Reception in my old S2 was crap, so I got some aluminium tape and wrapped the ariel cable right from under the engine lid to as far as the radiator expansion bottle. Problem solved with hundreds of stations available in clear sound (until the engine sound took over ). The best type of fix; the one that costs you nothing.

Just buy a stage 2 exhaust and chuck the radio way!!!

Reception in my old S2 was crap, so I got some aluminium tape and wrapped the ariel cable right from under the engine lid to as far as the radiator expansion bottle. Problem solved with hundreds of stations available in clear sound (until the engine sound took over ). The best type of fix; the one that costs you nothing.

I wrapped a power cable inside a mobile phone to cut out the static - worked a treat

I only have one station tuned on mine and thats to BBC R2

radio fixed, apparently just a loose aeriel connection on the back of the stereo, seems to work a treat now and to think i put up with it for so long. garage seemed to get finger out today though so cant complain though do need a new steering rack. I think my car must be nearing the record for most things gone wrong in 4 months. averaging 2 visits a month to garage.