Battery.

I noticed an article in the press recently that 50% of the population would struggle to correctly wire a 3 pin plug. I shamefully have to admit I am one of them.

The battery on the Exige has died, I assume it is the factory fit original (Bosch S3), the ctek will keep alive but it discharges after 4 days if left standing. However, I do not have the radio code which will need to be entered if the battery is disconnected, so, bearing in mind my non existent electrical skills my plan of attack is to connect the ctek which is already wired onto the battery leads, disconnect the respective terminals and cover with a small length of pipe insulation so they don’t touch, swap out the battery and reconnect the terminals before switching off the ctek and disconnecting.

Will this work?

TJS

It will work but be careful not to short the +ve battery terminals to the bodywork (metal bits). There is a correct order to disconnecting and connecting the battery and you must be careful to never let the spanner short from the live on the battery to the chassis or it will get very hot and cause damage.

Disconnect the negative terminal first, wrap it in a rag to insulate it and make sure it cannot flop back onto its terminal. Then disconnect the positive, which now cannot short to the bodywork. Wrap in a rag and isolate.

Fitting is the reverse.

Thanks; Job done in 10 minutes and the codes were maintained via the CTEK