BaT Spa....Aug 2nd/3rd-Ring 4th-BaT Zandvoort 5th

I’m thinking of doing this, especially if the Ring(non BaT) is open all day the 4th or the evening and the GP open one of the evenings before Zandvoort. Now Zandvoort is just a possible right now but…and TBH either way it’s a possible 3/4 tracks in 3 days road trip :sunglasses:

MarkyB :wink: will not let me down so anyone else maybe up for this… :smiley:

Sounds good, I’m up for 2 of 'em (bad and expensive experience at the 3rd) but will come along for any pax rides.

Good idea :sunglasses:

I will certainly try, now must fix the gearbox issues, might try to drag Simon (911) along as well if that is ok?

Fancy this!!!

Love Spa!!

Its at times like this that being 12K miles away in a wonderful sunny climate does have its disadvantages … :frowning:

Zandvoort and SPA :sunglasses:

Get your arse back over here you dodgy foreigner!!!

Of all the tracks I have driven Zandvoort is my absolute favorite… Given the choice of going there or Spa, Zanders would win every time… It just seems to do for the lotus like what butter does for bread. Not saying Spa is not good but I always tend to feel a little lost around big tracks like that - I either need 500hp under my foot or they need to move the barriers in a little closer to the edge of the track… :smiley:.

Back to Zandvoort - The track consists of one long start/finish straight and then after you hit turn 1 you dont stop putting steering input in until you back round to the straight again which is nearly 2 minutes later…

Not one for the faint hearted though mind. As it dips and dives through the sand dunes you come across some very fast blind corners that run you out extremely close to the barriers on the exit. Scary but my god do they give you a great sensation of cornering speed. The last corner especially, you enter it blind at 100mph+ in 4th and you end up with less than a meter of run-off on the exit where your doing about 120 with the car fully loaded up on its suspension… arse puckered!!

I would advise everyone who gets the op to do it - GO!! Word of warning though, they are very strict on noise (i mean very strict), anything other than the std fit back box will fail (yes that big horrible thing you threw away) you have been warned!!

Are you coming then Gav… :smiley:

In his pants by the sound of it!!!

:wink:

Is that “drive by” strict or “static” strict? It can make a huge difference I have never failed a static test, but blow away most drive by ones :frowning:

Ade

According to the BAT site, it’s 88db DRIVE BY…

Yeah its a nightmare. I was told flat out, don’t bother going for the LOT race last year. lol.

So was Boothy, but he stubbornly maintained his assertive “No”.

That is quieter than Bedford and I have to use mic caution there. Lucky the mics seem to be just where I change gear :wink:

^^ Is it that obvious I like the track ^^

Dont see why not Pete, I’ll see how it all ties in with LCE…

Yep get your standard back boxes on boys anything other than that will not pass the noise test. May be a pain changing them over but the track is well worth the effort.

On with the CAT again then…I’m really looking forward to this after that write up Gav :sunglasses:

So excellent, I’m in contact with Jonny so will post up details as soon as…we’ll have to pay quick tho I would imagine. I could do with an idea of who might want to come along…just Zandvoort or Spa also, at the mo you can get Spa for just one day?

Jonnyfox…Spa 2 days & Zandvoort + (Ring de-tour)
Markyb
Ade?
Sean?
Pete?
…Gav?

Jonnyfox…Spa 2 days & Zandvoort + (Ring de-tour)
Markyb
Ade?
Sean?
fatcat…Spa 1 day & Zandvoort + (Ring pax ride de-tour)
…Gav?

Just Spa for me, cus I am LOUD!!!

Awaiting gearbox upgrade so I’m not sure yet :frowning:

Interested but can’t commit just now.