Barbon Hillclimb - Sat 4th July 0930 onwards

Please add yourself in the usual manner. Note if we get more than 5 cars confirmed quickly we can get the admission fee reduced to £5 each.

paulf1965

If you want me to arrange safer parking for about 8 cars in the center of Barbon let me know.

Thanks for the offer. To be honest I’ve never had any problems on the field (neither has Thommo) and I think the organisers want interesting cars there too.

Yeah no bother just wanted to give peeps the option.

Seeya there :sunglasses:

:thumbup: Yep I will be there if the weather is ok

Wish I could join you. If weather holds shd be great. Aiming for Harewood the following day en route back from Hull ferry.
Enjoy yourselves, fellas

Going to arrive at around 11.30ish

Was it good and did the weather hold?

Saw Paul & Burt’s cars parked up as we left at about 2.30pm, but didn’t see the guys. It didn’t rain whilst we were there,but it was quite chilly at the top of the hill when the sun was obscured by cloud!

Not a particularly big entry list, but there were some stunning cars competing - notably a highly modified Puma & of course numerous single seaters, some bike engined, others with glorious 3.5l V8s propelling them up the hill. There was also a nicely prepped Elise Motorsport.

Unfortunately it was a little too cold for Ying so we left earlier than anticipated.

I should have made the effort really. It never rained at home either so I cut the grass & watched F1 Qualifying :frowning:

Always cold at the top of the hill at Barbon. Sadly, doesn’t get the big entry that you get at Harewood, for eg.
But always an interesting day out. It’s a great hill for viewing and the cars make for some great action.
Tim, you need to get out more . . .

Sorry didn’t get to make it as planned but biblical rain early in day here so ended up taking Christine to Metro (oh what fun)

That is so very true mate :frowning:

I 've been sent a pic of an S1 Exige in action at Barbon. Anyone see it, know whose it is?

Or was it an Exige with the wrong engine, VIN number etc :laughing:

It was entered as a Motorsport Elise, & it was K series powered (with a very nicely finished cabin). Don’t think (but not sure) it was an ex Autobytel Car but a rebodied Elise. I stopped and had a quick look at it in the paddock, but the owner was very busy getting it ready for the imminent next run so I didn’t feel it appropiate to disturb him & talk about his car.

To be honest, compared to the other stuff competing it wasn’t particularly “interesting” or quick up the hill - that is not being derrogatory but just my personal opinion of the overall situation.

That mate of Benja’s ran that multi-coloured version until he crashed it at Shelsley(?) didn’t he?

Yeah that’s ChrisB, he’s still got the MS Elise and is slowly bringing it back to life. To my knowledge he stills holds the Lotus record at Shelsley set in that car…even though he drives like a tit :smiley: usually seen in his ex-MarcP Honda 211 these days…