Back box

I was doing a bit of work on the Exige today & noticed a small hole (2m/m) in the back box :frowning: but on closer inspection it looks like its been drilled ???
Any ideas
Paul

Doesn’t help I know but you just missed a used original exhaust on eBay for £65!

My Exige is dominated by induction noise and a nice new EP exhaust still left it at a staggering 100+ db on static test at Oulton Park. The hole probably makes little difference. If its a Janspeed exhaust they do have a spot weld in the middle of the box that corrodes fast and it may have decided to give up and fall out.

There is on for sale on Seloc & it also appears to have a hole drilled into it

Regarding the £65 exhaust, I bought it :slight_smile: , now in the loft for a number of years but it was for a S1 Exige anyway.

I still have a standard S exhaust sitting in my shed if it is any use?

The standard silencer does have a hole (as photo above), only reason I can think is to release moisture build up.

Sorry, I was thinking S1.

Thats what i thought fella

I will have a look in garage loft as think I have S1 Exige and an S2

I’m after a Stage2/3 with oval tail if you have one of those in the loft as well :wink:

I have a stage 3 which I will likely be removing soon. I will be looking for a quieter replacement. This might be a std exhaust (which I need to source) for the interim.

Not in a rush, keep me posted.

Just checked the one in my garage that had only done a few 100 miles from new , it has the same hole .