Back at it again.

Some pictures from last weekend. Things are progressing and the engine is now back in the car.

Dry sump tank has been modified to tuck it in under the roll bar rear stays, out of the way of the intercooler boost tubes. Very nice welding on this as the tank is spun aluminium and very thin.

New firewall in place and being bonded in.

Dry sump pump in situ

Now seems like there is loads of space between the engine and the firewall but the reality is that its just an extra 2 or 3 inches. Will make the difference though in getting the space for the tank.

Still hoping that it will all be ready for Anglesey. Things have moved on again this week, but need to get the car back in advance to get some miles on it before I’d risk the trip to Wales. We’ll see, fingers crossed!

this setup looks clean!!!

Looks pretty damn good Will, the dry sump alone show’s some impressive attention to detail mate. It’s gonna be a beast…

“Some say the S1 is quicker than the S2”… :wink: :smiley:

Back on its wheels, feels like its coming together now.

Wrapped the exhaust manifold as may change later in the year and didn’t want to invest in ceramic coating the old one.

Tank now secured, and wiring rerouted as necessary.

Laminova for the gearbox cooling is also installed. Sorry no picture.

Looking smart …
A nice new expansion tank is a must tho I reckon… :wink:

[quote=jfk]Looking smart …
A nice new expansion tank is a must tho I reckon… :wink: [/quote]

If there was a nice new one to be had I’d be on it but from previous threads people have drawn a blank. Anyone got any new ideas?

Fingers crossed, Will - really, really hope all goes to the plan, & you make it to Anglesey :sunglasses:

[quote=evo_ufo][quote=jfk]Looking smart …
A nice new expansion tank is a must tho I reckon… :wink: [/quote]

If there was a nice new one to be had I’d be on it but from previous threads people have drawn a blank. Anyone got any new ideas? [/quote]

nope still nothing on the horizon for those and i have tried, mine is gradually loosing brackets to hold it on with :frowning:
my engine work now looks like it will have to wait till next year :frowning:

It lives, car’s been running today. Now at Dave Walker for mapping. Looking forward to getting it back to run it in.

Awesome well done Will :sunglasses:

2009 Porsche 911 Dry-Sump Test - CAR and DRIVER - YouTube

interesting dry sump test video!

Well done Will!!!

Excellent news, be good to see some pictures of it all done.

:sunglasses:

[video:youtube]2009 Porsche 911 Dry-Sump Test - CAR and DRIVER - YouTube[/video]

Thanks folks I’m away for a bit but will get some pictures when I’m reunited with the car.

So its running :slight_smile:

Tight fit but its all coming together. ECU still needs to be relocated. Deciding whether to have it inside or in the engine bay.

Cool man!!!

That looks great

Car will be on the Hangar111 stand at Snetterton this weekend. Unfortunately I’m not going to make it along but if you are there please pop along and have a nose around and say high to Greg and Marianne.

Engine bay is finished, just a couple of bits to fix on the interior and get the seats and harnesses back in.

Getting excited about getting it back now.