B16 Honda turbo

He’s an animal :smiley:

yep, muppet :smiley:
[image]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5242/5261524149_3d4d563ce5.jpg[/image]

Haha brilliant!!

hahahaha cool man!

What’s he putting in it now? more of the same?

He’s not sure now, i’ve been trying to talk him into a k20 n/a honda, but he’s having none of it :crazy:

Yes more of the same but I am going to consider a fully built NA B20 vtec with throttle bodies etc for a future build.

Seems my 044 bosch pump has decided to go on the blink causing the fuel pressure to vary wildly from one minute to the next causing an inevitable lean condition that I missed coming onto the back straight at Aintree which melted something.

Not sure yet because its not been touched once in the past 3 months or so.

Phil

Yea…come and join the proper fun !!

Hi,

as many of you who attended this weekends Exiges trackday will know I have fitted a vibrating, smoking diesel engine in my Lotus after I stripped the broken Honda engine from my car 5 weekends ago.

I did it for a bit of a laugh and something different. However after seeing off quite an array of quick cars including supercharged S2’s etc I think I am going to develop it some more. I think current power by comparison of top speed is around 150bhp but it should map to 230bhp and 400lb/ft.

Current spec

PD100 (100bhp) golf engine and 5spd gearbox
PD130 injectors
BMW e39 530d VNT turbo
Homemade driveshafts from two machined and butt welded sections made from lotus shaft and vw shaft.
Homemade exhaust manifold and exhaust.
Mostly homemade engine mounts.
Same homemade chargecooler system as my Honda turbo
I also did all the wiring and pipe work.

It worked well over the weekend the only hicup being putting biodiesel in it Saturday afternoon which caused it to misfire due to methanol boiling in the injector rail. Otherwise I completed over 160 miles on Saturday and over 50 miles on Sunday.

http://s889.photobucket.com/albums/ac93/pemtek/elise%20tdi/

http://s889.photobucket.com/home/pemtek

I managed to thrash it continually the entire time on track and still received in excess of 20mpg which i thought was quite cool.

Phil

I can say, it was fast for a Derv, certainly helped by your driving skill I must add :slight_smile:

Thanks Ade,

I didnt feel like I had any skill in the morning the car just felt like it wanted to swap ends which ended up being excessive rear tyre pressures. After that she felt lovely and neutral as normal.

My spin at 80+ on the quick corner at the start of the bendy straight certainly woke me up and made me go and see what was going on!

Phil

fixed that for you :smiley:

[quote=Philm]

My spin at 20+ on the slow corner at the start of the straight certainly woke me up and made me go and see what was going on!

Phil [/quote]

Just wait until I get this thing mapped MrP I wont just be a little nipper chasing your ankles then :sunglasses:

Marc runs off and orders K24 bottom end, big race cams, ITB’s, forged pistons, rods and a kpro :smiley:

lmao :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: happy birthday for tomorrow

Thanks Marc, I have decided I am not having any more birthdays now. They just make me older! :astonished:

Happy birthday mate!

I have a nice little engineering job for you if you fancy it?

Awesome car, fair play dude!!

[quote=DaveP]
Happy birthday mate!

I have a nice little engineering job for you if you fancy it? [/quote]
News flash Dave p converts to diesel and still manages to pass everyone !

Hahahaha… it’d certainly save some bloody money on go-go juice !!

Certainly a way to save fuel I got over 20mpg but I am sure it will drop below that when its got a better map which matches the bigger turbo.

Some photos

Plan for the next few weeks is refine it and neaten up the engine bay.

Phil

Phil mighty impressive for a 1st outing - some footage of you around mid morning;

Clicky

Harvey.

\

[quote=Philm]Hi,

as many of you who attended this weekends Exiges trackday will know I have fitted a vibrating, smoking diesel engine in my Lotus after I stripped the broken Honda engine from my car 5 weekends ago.

I did it for a bit of a laugh and something different. However after seeing off quite an array of quick cars including supercharged S2’s etc I think I am going to develop it some more. I think current power by comparison of top speed is around 150bhp but it should map to 230bhp and 400lb/ft.

Current spec

PD100 (100bhp) golf engine and 5spd gearbox
PD130 injectors
BMW e39 530d VNT turbo
Homemade driveshafts from two machined and butt welded sections made from lotus shaft and vw shaft.
Homemade exhaust manifold and exhaust.
Mostly homemade engine mounts.
Same homemade chargecooler system as my Honda turbo
I also did all the wiring and pipe work.

It worked well over the weekend the only hicup being putting biodiesel in it Saturday afternoon which caused it to misfire due to methanol boiling in the injector rail. Otherwise I completed over 160 miles on Saturday and over 50 miles on Sunday.

http://s889.photobucket.com/albums/ac93/pemtek/elise%20tdi/

http://s889.photobucket.com/home/pemtek

I managed to thrash it continually the entire time on track and still received in excess of 20mpg which i thought was quite cool.

Phil

[/quote]