Awful Service from Lotus Dealership

Bob - I was at Stratstones again today. I see your car hasn’t moved.

I asked the mechanic, Gary, about his ‘long term sick’. He didn’t know what I was talking about! Sounds like someones’s telling you porkies mate.

I’ve had this aswell. I wanted my floor replacing under the body warranty. I was told I would be called back when the technician is back to work from his illness. I never got the call. They also quote �480 for two rear tyres. They just want the cream services and arn’t interested in anything else. Jokers

I am not being funny Bob but if my car was stuck at a dealers for 3 months it would not be there and there would be hell to play.
HAve they given you a car to use while yours is there ?

My car had a faulty stack unit, took the car to Nick Whales , they ordered the stack the same day and its being fitted within a week. They even offered me a car to use while its being fixed.

You should get your car out of Stratstone asap imo.

Thumbs up for Nick Whale.

Ian, John and now Rob S have always been spot on for me.

B&C come highly recommended altho a little pricey and mistakingly fitted a stage2 to my S

Oh, f#ck, w@nk, bollox and sh!te.

I’m going to go down there monday AM with a feckin basball bat and kick that stupid feckers arse.

These guys are taking the professional p!ss.

Can anyone give me a cigarette, I fell feel like taking it up tonight

Bob,
Enough is enough, just write a letter to the MD of Lotus detailing the sequence of events in an envelope marked “Strictly Private and Confidential” and I can assure you will have an immediate response and appropriate action to your current dilemma.

Regards,

David.

As most of you know my car suffered the same problem as Bob’s, mine was diagnosed and back on the road within 2 weeks of first contact with my dealer, they could not have been more helpful, including throwing in a oil flush & change which lotus said was unnessary,

The lotus engineer admitted that it was a problem that had been seen before.

The service you have recieved is nothing short of shocking, i would be talking to a solicitor regarding compensation for loss of use etc…

Bob,
PM me and i will send you any details of my claim and the work carried out, you are more than welcome to ref my problem in any dealings with lotus.

Phil G

so many of you have had problems with your dealers… does anyone know of the service delivered by dream machines in kent? as its a 400 mile round trip for me! what should i look out for if anything when i got to pick up my exige s in a few weeks? also what should i expect to be given along with the keys and the car

I also had similar problems with my dealer. I almost took the car back and told them to stuff it, it was that bad. �40k and the supercharger is broke after 200miles and the reply they give is:- the car could be off the road for months sorry! ha finally got it sorted by talking to lotus direct but the dealers are just poo!! just my 2p.

2 keys, 2 plips and a piece of cardboard from Cobra with the PIN code for the immobiliser and how to use it in an emergency.

Folder with handbook and service book?

On a brighter note, Martin from Stratstones has been in almost daily contact with details of my car and today I had a call from Gary who’s much more knowledgable.

My car is now back in one piece and running sweetly with good cylinder compression etc but the cam clearance on one cylinder is borderline so they’ve ordered a new shim to put it back to mid limit. I’ve also asked them to do a leak check to ensure the valves are sealing properly after which they’re going to do another oil change.

at the brit int motor show i was talkin to a bloke (exige owner) as i hovered around the lotus stand, he reckons that im supposed to get a dvd of the production process?? ive already been shown round hethel and got some interesting gossip on the new esprit but a dvd seems a bit… far fetched?

how has everyone found their lotus for reliability?? cos im guessing most probs with dealers are to do with fixing things - how much time does the average exige s spend in the shop??

at the brit int motor show i was talkin to a bloke (exige owner) as i hovered around the lotus stand, he reckons that im supposed to get a dvd of the production process?? ive already been shown round hethel and got some interesting gossip on the new esprit but a dvd seems a bit… far fetched?

how has everyone found their lotus for reliability?? cos im guessing most probs with dealers are to do with fixing things - how much time does the average exige s spend in the shop??

With regards to the Exige S, Mine was in the garage for the first month with major problems but then after that it has been almost trouble free

With regards to the Exige S, Mine was in the garage for the first month with major problems but then after that it has been almost trouble free [/quote]

what probs did you have???

With regards to the Exige S, Mine was in the garage for the first month with major problems but then after that it has been almost trouble free

what probs did you have??? [/quote]

mine was one of the unlucky ones that had a manufacture fault with the supercharger. They all failed before 2000miles so im told and then the dealership whilst fitting a new supercharger split a rocker cover gasket somehow which took them 3weeks to work out why the engine was leaking oil. Since then tho 9months of trouble free motoring and i love it.