AUTOTORQUE INSURANCE

Found these guys to be very competitive BUT just had some strange letters from Norwich Union about my policy ont being on their records, which makes me a bit worried.
Anybody else had this and what is going on??

Hope that this is an admin cock up and them not returning phone calls to other folks is not an indicator of any problems

Hope that this is an admin cock up

I believe that is indeed the case @ NU - how come they have an address to write to, if the policyholder is not on their list?

Must be a case of “computer says no”

Found these guys to be very competitive BUT just had some strange letters from Norwich Union about my policy ont being on their records, which makes me a bit worried.

I got exactly the same letter today concerning my Mondeo and not the Exige (both cars and also works van are insured with them). It stated that Autotorque have ceased being their agent. It had a form for me to fill in so they could update their details. It required the certificate of insurance - one of the things I still don’t think I’ve had from Autotorque. This is a double bugger as I’ve got to tax the Mondeo at the end of the month.

Errr… Help, dad? I’m only a simple lad from Yorkshire…

I got exactly the same letter today concerning my Mondeo and not the Exige (both cars and also works van are insured with them). It stated that Autotorque have ceased being their agent. It had a form for me to fill in so they could update their details. It required the certificate of insurance - one of the things I still don’t think I’ve had from Autotorque. This is a double bugger as I’ve got to tax the Mondeo at the end of the month.

Errr… Help, dad? I’m only a simple lad from Yorkshire…

Footman James gave me the best quote to insure 2 cars…my Exige and an everday car…good luck!

I’ve just renewed with Autotorque - policy this year is with AXA (same scheme as FJ) - marginally more expensive than that with Chaucer last year, but with unlimited mileage plus an additional named driver.

I can only presume that the the premium has gone up as a result of the additional named driver, a certain racing driver, well known on this forum

I can only presume that the the premium has gone up as a result of the additional named driver, a certain racing driver, well known on this forum

so you now have the T car

Hope that this is an admin cock up and them not returning phone calls to other folks is not an indicator of any problems

JohnO is a great guy, and I like the prices, but admin really isn’t their forte!

Ian

To be fair with John, I have known about this for some time.
I received that letter several months ago, along with one from him.
Called him and he explained that basically Autotorque had decided not to use Norwich Union anymore following some disagreements.
But not to worry, come renewal time he will find you an alternate supplier.
So, no real effect.

admin is what a broker should be all about.
BUT if you’ve got the insurance certificate the ultimate contract is with insurance co. not broker ?? me thinks.
As you say how come NU can quote policy no and address if data is not on their system.
Awaiting call from Johno

This seems to be a NU cockup as Autotorque did everything right .
I even have a receipt from NU so THEY screwd up.
Big Business I dispair.