AUTOCAR

Check out Autocar this week…Clio v Exige v ImprezaImpreza wins but edges it only by practicality… For once the Exige is reviewed in context… Good press!Tim

Yes, for once it was a fairly balanced review. Not sure about the 0-60 time of 5.4 though, I suspect closer to 4.5 with the 190, looking at the power to weight figures for starters.

I don’t beleive it was a 190. In a addition they did say that the performance times were off another Exige they tested (if i remember right this was a duff one from Lotus)and that this one felt a good .5+sec faster.

quote:Originally posted by B7SHY:Check out Autocar this week…Clio v Exige v ImprezaImpreza wins but edges it only by practicality… For once the Exige is reviewed in context… Good press!Timerm… did they mention that this poxy Japanese family saloon is sooooo ugly???

It might be ugly… but it is one hell of a car… (No, I don’t own a road-going one… However we do have an Impreza World Rallycar)I though it was a pretty fair review all in all… Hoowever I do agree that the figures were definately from the Duffer they tested last year. (Also 55 litre tank with a range of 300+miles!!!)

Notice as well that the car in the review has the collar for the resonator valve still fitted. Wouldn’t have thought Lotus would’ve left it in but perhaps they didn’t know it was a magazine car…

I am terribly sorry but there is nothing wrong with an impressa!I have had many for breakfast dinner and desert and they taste great!!! By comparrison the TItanic was fast but it couldn’t dodge a bloody iceberg!

keenan, you also eat with your eyes, don’t you and your impressas are so dead ugly. erm…are you blind??? he-he…I think they made a competition at Subaru to ask for the ugliest desing and the worst got through…mind you, I suppose, the Japanese can’t do any better. they might be World Champions in copying (Madza with the LOTUS Elan to give you just one example)but not in designing.looking forward to all the strong UK-Subaru-4-doors-family-saloon-followers protest…