Auto Boxes and Discoveries

OK, I agredd a price on the Discovery to my neighbour, only issue was it has a gearbox oil leak - so we agreed I would get that fixed.
Took it to local dealer ( to be sure it was done right ) and they called me today … sorry sir the gearbox is fcuked … WHAT !!!

Yes it seems that we changed the oil and filter and some debris got in the box and well yup its fckued - 2800 quid please.

Can you beleive that ? - I get so pissed with these goddam monkeys called dealers … so big face to face discussion tomorrow

Oh Jeez Andy - that car is determined to milk as much pain out of you up to the last! It happened to me when I had agreed a sale of a vehicle - I ripped the sump off on a speed hump that I had failed to notice…on the road I live on

I hope you are not good friends with your neighbour…

Where are you based Andy ?

Brian

Thats the other problem the cars in Birmningham and I’m in Rotterdam so my other half is dealing with it at moment …

Actually - I can get a recon box from Ashcroft in Milton keynes for 645 quid … and the dealer will fit it for 500 quid … its not the money really its the damn service or total lack of it considering the damn thing has been there so often, even two weeks ago for an MOT and oil change and “health check” - 200 quid and the godamn box is ticked green for oil leaks !!!

OK rant over … sorry … well aprt from its done 52,000 miles only … I mean …

Ben yup and not really

OK, I agredd a price on the Discovery to my neighbour, only issue was it has a gearbox oil leak - so we agreed I would get that fixed.
Took it to local dealer ( to be sure it was done right ) and they called me today … sorry sir the gearbox is fcuked … WHAT !!!

Yes it seems that we changed the oil and filter and some debris got in the box and well yup its fckued - 2800 quid please.

Can you beleive that ? - I get so pissed with these goddam monkeys called dealers … so big face to face discussion tomorrow

Did they admit that they fcuked it up, and now they’re asking 2.8k for their mistake?

get a friggin lawyer and sue their arses off. Probably a new supercharged v8 with the proceedings of this.