Audi Q5 buying advice - only covered 1000 miles in last 3 yr

wrong forum and sub forum no doubt but there’s some good people on here so hopefully someone can help.

I’m looking at an Audi Q5 for the wife and toddler, the one i like is a 2011 with only 11k on the clock. Looking at the MOT history it did 9k in the first 3 years then managed 1000 miles in 3 years under the second owner. It’s a Diesel 3.0L TDI. My worry is that it appears to have been used exclusively for a 1 mile school run and presumably hasn’t been driven for more than 5 mins at a time for 3 years and therefore never up to temperature. It’s got a full dealer service history for what that’s worth and drives fine, my worry is i guess DPF risk or some other engine problem.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated

just give it a good drive to get the DPF up to temp and clean it out 2000rpm for 15 minutes once warm, also give it the beans as well, our Q3 does 3 or 4 miles each way for Jacqui to go to work, we then sometimes use it for distances. It will be fine as long as the green light complaining of the DPF isn’t on.

Yeah, I would of thought it would be OK. As Ade says, give it a good roasting down the motorway, once up to temp DPF’s sort themselves out.

We’ve just been looking at SQ5’s. The DPFs are only concern some years down the line when they need replacing. If they start to fur up you give them a damn good run in.
Nice car in many respects. Ended up with a Golf R estate.
I’d just check the paperwork for the interim miles in those 3 years.

Hey scosh i have a 2011 Q5 fantastic car and with the powered tailgate helps when getting shopping in :wink:

My only 2 advice would be with the DPF make sure you have a terraclean every few years cleans everything. Some Q5 have problem with the DPF filter which can cost £1,500.

My only other advice MAKE SURE the co2 update has NOT been done on the car there are so many cases that the EGR part has broken potentially due to the change and Audi are not covering it another £1,400 !! I havent had mine done for this reason car runs fine without it and from audi is not reverible once its had it done (unless you get it mapped moddified)

Great family car no faults :slight_smile:

Well added to Lee, I totally forgot about the “don’t let Audi update it” it ruins the performance and the economy :frowning:

cheers lads, i delayed making a decision and now a 2015 3.0 has come up for a few k more so having the RAC check it over then hopefully pisk it up on Sat, , checked with audi and this model doesn’t have a CO2 fix so they’ve not ruined the car.

the golf r is an incredible car 661, I’m a huge fan