Audi into Exige WILL go

Unfortunately the header tank is not in the same place. If it stayed where it was the big blue pipe would have gone straight through it !! Like a lot of things on the car, it had to be moved. 30mm left, 50 mm up and 60 mm further away from the bulkhead.

Bernard

Bernard the anonymous…

Everything has its place and subtle changes have had to be made it seems !!

Ian - unfortunately I was not driving, due to being over 100 miles too far from the accelerator…

However it won’t be long now…

I am defo going to need more 048s to go on my speedlines - who is cheapest at the moment??

Also I want to put a cheapish set of tyres on the old rimstocks for use on the road, and in the wet on circuits…

Anyone care to reprise my choices ???

Yep, go for Mickey Thompson or Goodyears like this…

[image]http://www.nhra.com/museum/features/images/warren_johnson_200_97.jpg[/image]

Toyo are saying their new T1-R is even better in the wet and Exigers have had them last for ages. ANd there’s always the Goodyear Eagle F1s (not that I think anybody has tried them).

Also came across these - web page - a Toyo track day tyre, the R888. Didn’t have our sizes at hand to see if they were right, anybody? Could be interesting.

Ian

IDG

I think these might be quite good when they start doing them in our sizes… T1R is another possibility.

Some Scottish Elises are trying these and the reports so far are pretty good… including folk who didn’t like T1S…

TUT currently running 888 and says they are crap but that’s a ruse because he kept up with a very well piloted GT3RS at KH recently… he just doesn’t want anyone else to get em…

Cheers Rox, know what they cost?

Ian

Not exactly IDG… but i think they will be cheap enough…

But that’s on Elise sizes, Exiges ones not available yet.

I don’t know, but now that I have my track wheels, I’ll get a set of T1-R’s for the road.

Steve Maggs has just bought some T1Rs in elise sizes and I will be able to get an impression from him…

R888 price - shown on the Toyo website

Well it sounds like a set (inc VAT & fitting) would be around �400.

But if they were as good as the Yokos…

Ian

Well it sounds like a set (inc VAT & fitting) would be around �400.

I’m not too sure about that.Here

Alright then, maybe a little over �600 then (gulp! ).

Ian

ouch…

Pesky, hadn’t seen that and there was talk of UNDER �100 per corner when they actually get round to doing our sizes…

I think you can usually get Toyo’s well below RRP… but I don’t think you’d get �183 down below �100

If this is indicative of price then we’ll stay on A048’s just like nature intended…

Amen!

obviously they’re not getting into this market like that…