Aston Vantage

My mate has just offered me his 09 Vantage at a good price, 14k miles, sports pack, more powerful version, full AM service history. Knowing him it will be immaculate. I do like the look of them and the S2 would have to go to make garage space.

Why not? Money pit? More unreliable than a Lotus. Got to have greater comfort.

I have always said the only thing that would replace a Lotus is an AM. I have never even ridden in one, but they look so very pretty.

sounds like taking it for a drive will get you the answer

too heavy for my liking, it’d lap slower

I think it would be a great roadcar and I’d love one but I need something more practical.

Have a drive and if it ticks your boxes I’d say go for it. I don’t think a car of that vintage will depreciate much further and most of the sentiment I’ve heard is that they’re pretty reasonable to run.

So that’s a Caterham, Exige S1 and an Aston Martin Vantage. Call yourself a petrolhead :mrgreen: :smiley:

After a Lotus…no chance…Flat hat and golf clubs next!

It’s not instead of a Lotus it’s as well as a Lotus so special rules apply.

It’s actually as well as a Lotus and a Caterham so extra special rules apply :thumbup:

…but I drive an Audi A4 diesel most of the time…in beige, yawn. Colour was my fault, could not be bothered to pick one when I ordered it, just said anything you can get quickly, never dreamed of Audi beige.

The ideal is to get to an ‘interesting’ car for all occasions*

\

• aside from going to the tip - I’m prepared to drive any old shit for that job.

Which one to enjoy driving the most? Begins with a C, especially as it goes to the track on a truck.

Ive had my V8 Vantage for 5 years now (4 years of those alongside my S1 exige)
As a road car its fantastic, great noise, communicative, feels special and doesnt need to be driven at 10/10ths to be enjoyed. You certainly feel the 1700kgs though espcially after driving the S1.

Maintenance wise it’s no different to any car, Pads, Disks etc Its the AM hourly rate that you have to look out for but there are many UK independents I would go to first.

Would I change an S2 for the Aston? If never taken on track then possibly.

Had mine wrapped last year to freshen up the looks:

Wrap looks great. Amazed they were able to do the door handles?

Great looking cars…I’d have one… MarcP on here had one for a while and said it got him a lot of attention from the laydeeez… :slight_smile:

That looks great

I’ve got to try the one that I have been offered, that one looks so good.

Life is complicated at the moment waiting on my son’s exams, I could still be living in Derby, or Ansty or move home to Cambridge which is rather more expressive and has no room for the garages.

Is your friends an automated manual car (single clutch semi auto) ? If so then you really do need to drive it.
Go for a long drive becuase they take a while to get used to and youll either love or hate it.

Mines an earlier 4.3 manual car.

Excellent. Looks great.

I know, it’s late 09 manual, more powerful version, sports pack.12k miles famsh, £45k…I will know more at the weekend.

I dont think there are too many manual 4.7 (compare to semi automatic ones anyway)
That would be a good buy, depending on condition.

It’s a 4.7 manual, sports pack, Kevlar seats late 10 plate rather than 09, 14k miles, immaculate. Boring silver and, the owner says, the worst sat nav known to man. He has never really bonded with it compared with his previous 911 4s. Though he describes the 911 as a better car he says the AM is an event. He says the biggest pain is the servicing at 750 when he only does 1000 miles in the year.

When I know where I am living, depends on my sons GCSEs, I can decide. If I stay in Derbyshire I will have it. If I move back to Cambridge I will not have a garage for it (the S1 will be in it) and if I move to Leamington Spa I may have to live in a tent, bloomin expensive.