Armourfend

After washing my car coming back from germany, i was horrified to find so many stone chips, and is killing me if i have anymore! I have seen cars with this armourfend coating, i have it on my skirts and rear arches, but none on the front end.
I was just wondering if anyone has had the whole front end done, and is it worth it? they quoted me �270 for fitting the front clam piece, which i thought was steep!! im not one for cutting corners, but is there any other ways around this?
Also does the armourfend get pitted from stones?
Its depressing me getting stone chips!
heres link showing all armourfend

Any type of protection (!) is worth it - especially at resale time.
I have used Armourfend on all my cars before, and I have it on my S2 now but after 4 years it is looking tired and am thinking of using Ventureshield instead as it is slightly thinner.
The whole point of the protection is to protect the paintwork and the protection over time will become marked, after all there really is no defence against stones hitting your car (unless you keep it garaged and always stay 100m beyond another vehicle).

Ventureshield quoted me �370+ VAT for the whole car including the sills which WILL become damaged and is sometimes overlooked.

Get it done.

However if the pennies will stretch, get the clam resprayed first then get the protection done.

Can’t rate it highly enough

Hi Peter

I had the whole bottom of the car armourfended from new a year ago

Cost �600 at JCT 600.

The front of the car and the sides are the worst affected areas.

The armourfend is ‘pitted’ on the front sides but it looks like the paint underneath is OK.

I guess I will renew it in the next 12months or prior to sale.

I supose its cheaper than a respray ever 2 years and a lot less hassle.

Ventureshield is a better product. I got the full kit done for about �550 a couple of months ago. They will all work out around this price but it saves on resprays and always looks tidy.

Doesn’t it just get damaged by stone chips itself, and start peeling away?

Not in my experience. Had it on an Impreza, my Exige S and now my S1 Exige.

Doesn’t it just get damaged by stone chips itself, and start peeling away?

Mark - it is designed to protect the paintwork, any protection will show signs of stone impact/s over time.

On all my cars which have had the protection (6), it has never peeled.

I had mine done at jct600 prior to buying my S for the sum of �500. However after a few weeks certain areas started peeling away and now dirt gets in behind them. No doubt it’s a great product and the intial cost will save you money on resprays but be very picky when you see the car covered and make sure they get it on right. That said there is always the parts you dont get covered that pick up one or two chips! To be honest i think Stevie Wonder applied mine!

fatcat, where was it that quoted you �370 + VAT for the whole thing? there seem to be a few places in the UK that do Ventureshield.

Cheers

Must have been the same muppet who applied mine - peeling here and there

I have had the following applied by AMI in Tring 01296 663277

Front splitter, full front wing, full bonnet, full maint covers, full roof, full sills, full mirrors, side intakes covers and surrounding rear wing then over the rear wheel arch across rear quarter and down behind rear wheels to cover the rear panel around the pick up from the rears. Oh and the rear wing done too.

So only the doors, engine cover and back of rear clam not covered

Oh AMI did my CSL 4 years ago and no peeling when I sold it

I have had the following applied by AMI in Tring 01296 663277

Front splitter, full front wing, full bonnet, full maint covers, full roof, full sills, full mirrors, side intakes covers and surrounding rear wing then over the rear wheel arch across rear quarter and down behind rear wheels to cover the rear panel around the pick up from the rears. Oh and the rear wing done too

SO, the moral of the story is…“don’t be a fool wrap your tool”

Acually just painted the front end while the clam was off (well it went back on then off again what the hell was I thinking ) will go Armourend after seeing Chris’s! Whick btw Chris sorry all running good but have been hard at work so had a load more work done. Going way past the “use everyday” car it used to be! Will get in touch as soon as done ! Stripes have gone

Me again �740inc…Nose, Head lights, spots, nose top, bonnet scoops and rear wheel arch under side end of the month.

Me again �740inc…Nose, Head lights, spots, nose top, bonnet scoops and rear wheel arch under side end of the month.

That armourfend jon?

yep

looks like im gonna have to save the pennies, and at least get my front clam done…iv already got the rear arches and skirts…they were on the car,id much rather buy performance bits than bloody stickers…ohh well!!

Did Silverstone months ago with Chris, the number of NEW stone chips brought tears to my eyes…he had nothing! It’s a good move imho