Aren't these cars great!?!

Well, I thought I would update you all on the current engine saga that is still on- going.As a recap…Back in November the big ends went on the Exige (probably due to lack of oil as I am a muppet!) Needed rebuildThe car was handed back all working in mid February at which time I was very very happy to have it back.Three weeks later, the big ends went again. Looks like a piece of swarf managed to hang onto the engine when it was flushed and got into an oil way on the crank. Needed rebuildFinally, the car was supposed to be picked up last sataurday. I was really really looking forward to getting it back this time. The garage were just doing some last road testing on it to ensure all was well, which it was, until…the big ends went again! Needed rebuildThe garage think the crank may have a severe problem and have now ordered a second one!Can’t believe my luck. Just happy that the garage are doing everything they can to sort it out. Even they want to see the back of my car now! Not bad though, three rebuilds in three months (two of which have been in the past two weeks!) Have to admit, the garage have been sterling with this, and you have to laugh that out of all the engines they do, mine is being a total and utter nightmare for them!Missing car quite badly now…

Jeezus, my comiserations dude…I hope they sort it out for you. I am already missing my car and its only been gone 1 week (you probably saw it, black Elise,rollcage, exige frontclam, engine in bits due to liner cracking…)

not good mate, no matter how good they have been i would start asking serious questions !!

quote:Originally posted by Phil:not good mate, no matter how good they have been i would start asking serious questions !!Well it has made me think a little to say the least. I mean, three rebuilds for one engine. Makes me think they tried to cut some corners after I took it back the second time. Either which way, it has cost them money.

Tubbs sorry to hear your news.Wasn’t your car IPJ’s? Could this have been caused from problems lingering from his over-heatings gasket problems?Ian [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/frown.gif[/image]

quote:Originally posted by IDG:Tubbs sorry to hear your news.Wasn’t your car IPJ’s? Could this have been caused from problems lingering from his over-heatings gasket problems?Ian [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/frown.gif[/image]It was IPJ’s yes. Don’t think this is a result of the head gasket problem as the ar is shredding it’s bearings like there is no tomorrow. Hoping to get it back next week as I have some track days booked in May and need to ensure the car can be run in.