AO48 Tyre ages?

Evening all, what is an acceptable age of new tyres bought from a retailer? I’m not entirely sure if I’m reading the dot code correctly but I’ve just bought a full set of Yoko’s and the rears read NPP1614 which I’m guessing is week 16 of 2014 production

The fronts however read NPP4810 which I’m guessing is week 48 of 2010?

These were bought from a reputable lotus parts supplier in the UK. Should I reject 4 yr old tyres?
Ta
Dan

I got my last set of 888 really cheap as they had been on the shelf for 3 years, I would certainly ask the question directly with Yokohama what shelf life might be,

I was wondering what the state of my AO48s might be ahead of Anglesey . . . given that they have been stacked in the greenhouse for at least 12 months and will have endured numerous heat/cold cycles. Thoughts?

Well, given those heat cycles is the holy grail of running an F1 tyre mate, I would say you will now have a lot of cars in your rear view mirror!!! :smiley:

I fear the cars behind will only be there because I will be going so slowly and blocking the track :smiley:

Where are the date stamps? I stared at my tyres for too long today trying to find the stamps.

I’d not be happy personally buying 4 year old tyres especially given how long the fronts last, 6 years is what most seem to advise as the shelf life, though many variables to take into account, clearly if they have been properly stored for 4 years before fitting it’s reasonable to expect a bit longer life…