Anyone know this car

Well I ve made an appointment to view next week so may be amoung your rank sometime soon…I think �20k is actually at the top end of cars for sale currently, as is the spec on this car which is part of its specific appeal.

I think Exige prices from my watching of late are very stable, with a good low spec 177bhp car being �17-18k a higher spec 177 �18-18.5, and the 190’s being about �1-1.5 up on that, mileage seems the major factor…There are very few on the market but this seems at the high end, but I want a top car, I could certainly spend �3-4k less and pick up a higher mileage Exige, but as it stands I plan to buy for keeps so want the best I can afford.

Well I ve made an appointment to view next week so may be amoung your rank sometime soon…I think �20k is actually at the top end of cars for sale currently, as is the spec on this car which is part of its specific appeal.

I think Exige prices from my watching of late are very stable, with a good low spec 177bhp car being �17-18k a higher spec 177 �18-18.5, and the 190’s being about �1-1.5 up on that, mileage seems the major factor…There are very few on the market but this seems at the high end, but I want a top car, I could certainly spend �3-4k less and pick up a higher mileage Exige, but as it stands I plan to buy for keeps so want the best I can afford.

FWIW I reckon that 20k is about right, I know of a fellow Exiger thats just paid over 20k for a similar spec car without the luxury of a recent service and belt change…and he’s about to spend a few more quid on cosmetics!

BUT I think this car has been around for a while so i’d be interseted to know whats putting people off as it cant be the price!

I see Sinclairs have it up for 22k, thats 2 grand commision but you will get warranty off them I pressume?

This looks pretty darn good and a very similar age and spec to mine (so depressing on the price ).

Would be interested to know what price you reckon it should be Ian, particularly given the time of year.

To be honest, I’m not genned up enough currently to be able to comment. The depressing bit is the value (and I understand this isn’t bad for a car) being �12k less than I paid for it 4 years ago. In depreciation terms alone, that’s �250pm/�58pw/�8.25pd. It doesn’t get driven enough!

But how many cars make you feel like a racing driver every single day…even just by looking at it!

Ian

no the price is now �20k - Sinclairs have yet to amend their advert price…�22k is the original price being sought, which is potentially why its been on the market for a while having only just being reduced

Looks like the car that Glaswegian Alastair Rattray (aka Ally on this forum)originally owned. He was a fastididious owner, who moved on to a road going Radical SR3.

Doesn’t look like Ally’s car Pesky unless it has been resprayed (i don’t think his was aircon) and it was a 2000 car.

If those pics are all very recent then it looks to be in really good condition… its top-dollar price but must be worth a look. I’d be asking for it to come with a brand new set of A048’s for the price.

I think the exige logo on the seats is prolly too high for the pic to catch it.

It also looks to have Magnecor Reds for HT leads which is nice.

If the front brake-ducts are open then they also need to be ‘ducted’ to the brakes otherwise its a debateable improvement… like Steve says its also a route for 54i7 to get to the rotors but they could be taped over when not at the track.

Other big plus of course being that Sinclairs are very reputable…

rare colour and one of the only colours that I think looks better with non-black wheels (gold on this car looks excellent) but that’s a personal thing

I think its a good bet

[quote

To be honest, I’m not genned up enough currently to be able to comment. The depressing bit is the value (and I understand this isn’t bad for a car) being �12k less than I paid for it 4 years ago. In depreciation terms alone, that’s �250pm/�58pw/�8.25pd. It doesn’t get driven enough!

Ian [/quote]

You’ll just have to keep it a bit longer then… say till the per month cost comes down to say…about a fiver eh…

Soke to the owner before i bought mine and it sounded like a nice car, but I don’t like the colour at all which put me off. told me he wont execept a penny less than 20k though

is this the car Sinclaire’s used to look after and once sported gold viper stripes?

is this the car Sinclaire’s used to look after and once sported gold viper stripes?

Think that one belonged to a guy called Damian, posts on LoT and SELOChav as Insane-DJ.

Think that one belonged to a guy called Damian, posts on LoT and SELOChav as Insane-DJ.

I think Damians car was either Black or Nautilas Blue it deffo wasn’t BRG

I think Damians car was either Black or Nautilas Blue it deffo wasn’t BRG

It was Nautilas Blue … bought from the same dealer and in the same week I got mine

If it looks good and sounds good and has good reports on here it must be reasonable.
Dont forget you get what you pay for and this sounds pretty good.
In my experiance whatever you pay for it…someone will tell you its too much and you will find another cheaper one next week…BUT you might not!! SO go for it You will Love it
But dont forget what the initials L O T U S stand for…no matter what price you pay…
You can only enjoy it

Well said Mr B!