Anyone just watched Inside Jaguar on Ch4....

…making a Million £ Car.

Oh how the other half live :mrgreen: I’m just VERY jealous. Wonderful craftsmanship.

Disappointed at the toff’s turning there nose up at it at Goodwood calling it a replica. Protecting there investment I suppose.

It looked stunning, lucky six. Enjoy :thumbup:

http://www.jaguar.co.uk/about-jaguar/jaguar-heritage/lightweight-e-type-restored.html

Really enjoyed that, passionate earthy people.

40k paint job…!!

Superb cars but not so good £ to fun ratio as our plastic bathtubs :smiley:

This is true :smiley:

I meant to watch but managed to miss it…hopefully it will be repeated at some point so I can catch up on what I missed!

I guess some folk in historics are like that, but strictly it’s a ‘continuation’ not a replica as it’s built by the original manufacturer to the same spec as the first 12 cars. Also according to Jaguar’s website it has the correct FIA HTP papers so is acceptable for historic motorsport.

Yeh, enjoyed that… I get lord March’s point though, something built in 2015 just isn’t historic no matter how faithfully it has ‘copied’ the build of the original, and if he wants 100% ‘in period’ on his own private race track, fair enough :wink:

yeah but ‘historic’ and built this year don’t really match up, they have to draw the line somewhere

there was also ‘inside rolls royce’ on E4 after, and I spent the whole time wincing at all the pure cheese details.

Once whilst travelling in Indonesia I saw a sign outside a ramshackle business that read :

“Antiques made to order”

recon they’ll sell me a kit one? :smiley:

Run a RB26DETT in it:

How many "genuine original " Historics have new chassis, new bodywork, new suspension components all attached to an original rivit found under the workbench of some subcontractor…it is alleged that at least two Frord Gt 4+s have the same chassis no and still race in historics.
Where there is BIG money there will be a way. I am told!!
So yes by all means allow them what about continuation Lister Knoblys,Jag D types and the hoards of AC Cobras.and Lola T70s and Chevrons and GT 40s
…shall I go on
As long as the owners dont try to pass them up as “ORIGINAL”

I do know that this one is original…

Aston did 4 ‘continuation’ DB4 Zagato’s too.

Whats that old Lotus joke about the type 26’s…of the 80 or so originals made it is believed about 120 of the still survive :lolno: