Anyone here crashed on the way to Ragtop ?

Posted 07 March 2004 at 10:54:51 UK time
Bruce, Cheshire, http://www.med-reg.co.uk [email protected]
Well yesterday the unthinkable happened and my punter for the day crashed his Exige on the way here, just down the road.

He was ok (main thing), but the car was a bit of a mess (probably a chassis job).

Feel very sorry for him, and it’s just a reminder that although the sun’s starting to shine, the roads are still cold and greasy in a morning…

take care out there (and especially on the way to my house!)

Post by Bruce to the British-cars BBS

Perhaps I’m overly sensitive (and even though the Exige owners name isn’t mentioned) I wouldn’t be happy if it was me and I found out that had been posted (and in a new thread).

Perhaps I’m overly sensitive (and even though the Exige owners name isn’t mentioned) I wouldn’t be happy if it was me and I found out that had been posted (and in a new thread).

I’m sorry to confirm that it was an “exiges.com” member/contributor. Glad he’s okay, & let’s hope the car is sorted asap.

That’s very sad. Please pass on my sympathy.

Pesky do you know if there is any information from the accident from which we could learn (eg. odd handling on cold tyres, component failure, etc)?

Ian

Oh no

Whoever it is, very sorry to hear of it

Just glad, as Pesky says, that the person is ok

Best of luck with getting the vehicle sorted

TT

Pesky do you know if there is any information from the accident from which we could learn (eg. odd handling on cold tyres, component failure, etc)?

It would appear that a greasy/frosty road surface (Macclesfield is adjacent to the Peak District) was the problem.

I am also sorry to hear what happened, but the most important thing is that nobody was hurt…

Do we know what tyres were on the car?

Do we know what tyres were on the car?

Yep - 039s

Wow - that surprises me - I was expecting it to be 048s…

Having said that, I found the 048s reasonably grippy in the greasy, not quite dry at Llandow.

Mr pesky you seem to know alot about the accident. Which side of the car were you in , the passengers or drivers side? If your car is badly damaged we know a man who can repair the chassis.

Chris

Thanks for the offer, but I’m relieved to say that it’s not my car that is damaged.

I’ve not seen the car, but another owner (exiges.com member) did see it this morning. Unfortunately, it doesn’t sound too hopeful

Begga me, just returned from over the pond logged into me favourite site and read this - bad news, hope everything works out ok fella…