Anyone got an S2 Exige workshop?

Hi,

One of my driving lights is smashed (the oval ones which sit in the front grill). When I first noticed this a couple of weeks ago I asked on Seloc about it and the general consensus was that it is a “clam off” job to change the light. However, I phoned Horizon Motorsport today to get a quote for servicing and whilst I was on to them I asked about what’s involved in changing the light. They looked it up in some Lotus documentation (presumably the workshop manual) and said Lotus recommend 0.8 hours to do the job and the clam does not need to come off.

Since I have now had two conflicting views, I was hoping that someone with access to the workshop manual would mind double checking this for me? Also, if indeed the clam stays on for this, I would like to get hold of the manual and have a go at this myself.

Many thanks,
Dave.

I had to replace one of mine and it wasn’t a big job. Certainly didn’t need the clam off. A bit fiddly but no worse than that. And you shouldn’t need a workshop manual to undo a couple of bolts

When you have replaced it, get some lens protectors. You can get either heavy duty plastic stickers that simply stick on to the glass, or hard plastic covers that presumbly clip over the whole light. I have the stickers and not a crack after 3 years.
They are low down so will obviously come under heavy fire!

Changed one of mine. A couple of bolts, fiddly but not impossible. Not a clam off job.

Going back to the original question is a workshop manual available for the Exige S? I can’t seem to find one anywhere, and just fancy having one around

I had to replace one of mine and it wasn’t a big job. Certainly didn’t need the clam off. A bit fiddly but no worse than that. And you shouldn’t need a workshop manual to undo a couple of bolts

Thanks. How did you get at the bolts and what did you use? The only thing I can think of is some sort of micro socket set with a variable angle joint, i.e. insert the socket arm between the light and the grill, then somehow turn it and “get hold” of the bolt?

Thanks,
Dave.

When you have replaced it, get some lens protectors. You can get either heavy duty plastic stickers that simply stick on to the glass, or hard plastic covers that presumbly clip over the whole light. I have the stickers and not a crack after 3 years.
They are low down so will obviously come under heavy fire!

Hi Jez,

I have already bought the lens protectors from Elise Parts in anticipation of getting the smashed light changed.

Cheers,
Dave.

Changed one of mine. A couple of bolts, fiddly but not impossible. Not a clam off job.

Going back to the original question is a workshop manual available for the Exige S? I can’t seem to find one anywhere, and just fancy having one around

They are available from the dealers, and think they are also on the Bell and Colville web shop. Not cheap though.

Thanks. How did you get at the bolts and what did you use? The only thing I can think of is some sort of micro socket set with a variable angle joint, i.e. insert the socket arm between the light and the grill, then somehow turn it and “get hold” of the bolt?

Thanks,
Dave.

The trick was to remove the bolts from the lamp where it pivots on its hanger. Much easier than removing the whole hanger.

The only Exige to �supposedly� need a clam off job to change the driving lights was the Mk1. But it was possible without removal anyhow, just a bit tight!

It is possible to change the lights without a clam off job, mine was recently replaced by Sinclaires and this was done without surgery, sadly I don’t know the technique.

Now have a spare set of lights (just in case) and have protective lenses on the ones fitted.