anyone else bottom out?

when i go over 100mph on the twisties certain hills find me scraping along i find this very amusing as it shows in the most blatant way that the downforce on the car is superb!! Cant imagine its good for the bodywork though
stock suspension set up?? i think

Are you running standard ride hight?

Sounds a bit soft to me… ???

You got a Edwards diffuser? They can sometimes touch the ground, especially in Scotland (can’t they Uldis! ).

Ian

I would imagine it’s the wheels rubbing against the liners -common problem with the LSS as most of us know!

You got a Edwards diffuser? They can sometimes touch the ground, especially in Scotland (can’t they Uldis! ).

Yes, the car is not really meant to take off and land , although at the proper speed you can have very smooth landings, and even then only the Edwards diffuser will touch, but surely not the standard one. If you have the standard one, something else is touching, and it’s not good. Has it been lowered?

And I’m on LSS, stock ride heights, no other bits touch on landing.

Only the wheel liners get worn but that’s on cornering

Sounds like its hitting the bump stops… it certainly shouldn’t be hitting the ground. Trouble is the LSS is PITA and tend to fall apart internally leaving you with a very bouncy and uncontrollable car.

If you are willing to spend the money then Nitrons are a good way to go.

i checked the underside of the bumper and its not the body scraping…i guess it must be the wheel arches hitting the tyres (that would explain the rubber burning smell ) it doesnt usually rub that hard, i did have a heavy friend in the car though

What tyres do you run? Lots of people put 48’s on with LSS which is a sure way of wrecking your wheel arch liners or mending a wishbone.

i do have a cheeky wee set of AO48’s, and it was a rather dry day yesterday! I think i just was trying too hard

koopa

this is the ‘scottish way’ especially if you have da Edwards… mine was ground flat on the way home, the day after I had it fitted at Croft