Anybody want black nuts for their Speedlines?

To All those with speedlines,

How about a change of direction with the black nuts!

Get the Exige angle insert for the speedline wheels and use the standard black Exige nuts.

We got the correct Exige inserts from speedline. We just called them and said what we needed. They were happy to help

Just a thought

Steve.

Or have I missed out on something

I asked Speedline about that and they don’t remember doing it and weren’t keen to supply the wheels new with Exige inserts. But I agree they are very friendly and helpful people.

That’s when I switched to looking for black nuts, as I thought that HAD to be easier…how wrong was I!

Ian

Don’t think it would be that difficult.

The nuts I bought from Eliseparts are not chromed (that’s why they’re cheaper) so if I was worried about the colour, I would go for the black liquid.
And that’s pretty resistant to fade. I think it’s the same treatment that comes in the original Exige nuts.
Just buy that liquid and try it.

I’m going to give this a go - I’ll let you know how I get on.

Ok chaps, very funny, why didn’t anybody point out that plastic wheel nut covers would melt when used on track, hmm, hmm?!!

I’m giving up! I think I’m just going to Hammerite the tops and be done with it.

Ian

You worry too much Ian, just wait until the bloody things get dirty…

Uldis, there’s dirt and there’s melt plastic!

ian

Ok chaps, very funny, why didn’t anybody point out that plastic wheel nut covers would melt when used on track, hmm, hmm?!!

LOL… that’s ma boy…

I just painted my nuts-looks fine but sticky nuts can be unpleasant!!!Just out of interest I got some 4mm spacers for my back Speedlines-looks better as the back wheels look a bit lost.They fill the arches better with the spacers.

…I got some 4mm spacers for my back Speedlines…

Qustions - Who’d you get them off? Cost? Any problems with them sticking/welding to the hub?

Cheers

Ian

Any problems with them sticking/welding to the hub?

Spacers are drilled so the wheel studs go through them, & they are then “trapped” in between the hub & the wheel

[image]http://www.performancedriven.co.uk/media/images/category.images/119.jpg[/image]

Yes, but if you want to take the spacers off (eg. to put the std wheels back on) I understand they can bind, causing a bit of a problem. Not overly ideal in an area that is meant to have completely smooth surfaces, between the hub and wheel.

Unless I’ve misunderstood something here (quite possible)?

Ian

Don’t worry, aluminum and steel don’t stick.
Besides, even if they werte steel to steel it could only happen if you never took the wheels off in 30K miles. Not going to happen in our cars, as we’re replacing tyres every 5K miles.
They could get dirty, but you just wipe them off.

I got a set of spacers done by the Edwards boys, they just shipped them with the diffuser.
But don’t use them now as the MutsNuts alloy bells are thicker, basically have the spacer in-built.