Anybody remember me ?

Bernard Scouse here looking in after a long absence. I’m the man who desecrated a few Exiges a while back by putting Audi engines in them :smiling_imp:

Hi Bernard, welcome back!

I think I met you once at the TunerGP that Thorney ran? Remember that,…it was a long time ago now!

Do you ever hear from Mike Lane? If I recall you converted his car, I’ve never heard it come up for sale but we’ve not heard from Mike in 5+ years.

Welcome back Bernard :wave:

Hi Benja

I think I remember you, the TunerGP was a while ago, 2006 in fact. I’m still messing with the Audi beasts now and again, got a 400 BHP car in the garage right now.

Unfortunately Mike Lane had a very serious pedal bike accident about 4 years ago, hit by a coach and sent flying off the road. He had a broken shoulder and fractured skull with brain damage. :frowning: He was slowly getting better when I last saw him about 2 years ago, but these things take time. As far as I know he still has the car.

All the best to everybody.

Hi Bernard

Good to hear from you - trust you & Mrs Scouse are in fine fettle.

Really shocked to hear about Mile - I had absolutely no idea of his situation. Like everyone here, I wish him well - he was a valued member of exiges.com, & fitted in well with the rest of the S1 eccentrics when we regularly met up in the old days!

Yeah really sad about Mike, pass on our warmest best wishes from exiges.com. I did my first ever trackday with Mike, Ian and AndyD. We all still have our cars and Mike is the only one I’m not in contact with 10+ years later!

Why don’t you come to Anglesey in the spring you’d be more than welcome Bernard? Pass on the invite to Mike too if you’re in contact. Even if he’s not up to driving we’d love to see him…

Pat and I are doing very well thanks, I hope you and your family are likewise :slight_smile:

Yeah it’s very sad about Mike, I really must check up on him soon. Time seems to flash by at my old age :frowning:

Might make it to Anglesey, but it’s quite a way from us. Maybe see you at one of the LOT meets if you go.

Cheers

Bernard

Ah - sad news about superman Mike, I really hope he is doing ok -

Catching up on unread posts and came across this one. Shocked to hear the news. Mike was on here from near the beginning. Hope he’s doing OK. recover

Terrible news about Mike and trust he is on the mend or better still back up to full health.

Bloody hell was that pic Donny in about 2006? or maybe Croft in 2005

Yup Croft in 2005 that pic!!

Bloody hell Benja 10 years ago, sure I still have that jacket :lolno:

Donny was the one with my old S1 on the front row in the group pic.

Good news ! Mike Lane phoned me up out the blue a couple of days ago with some queries on his Audi Exige and he is sounding a lot better. He’s got his driving license back and is getting the Exige back on the road. :wink:

Bernard

I don’t know Mike but fabulous to hear of a significant recovery. Waiting for feedback on Michael Schumacher nearly 2 years since his ski accident, against the tragic passing of Jules Bianchi this week you realise how venerable we are following a head injury. Great to hear of not only a recovery but a full one.

Clearly its great he had an Exige waiting…

Hi Bernard, tell him to post on here and that there’s still plenty of people around who remember him. It would be great to see his black Audi car again once he’s got it running. Really great to hear he’s back on his feet…

^^^^^ This :smiley:

Yes- absolutely this - all the best to Mike !

Great to hear he is on the mend

^^^^^ some more